Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Outage compensation

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2016, 11:27 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
$200 voucher just arrived after submitting about two weeks ago 👍
Old Sep 17, 2016, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Did these additional vouchers ever arrive? I'm still waiting. Got a similar email but no ecert #s or attachments. Been about 2 weeks since that email for me.
They just show up in your online wallet. They don't send an actual email when they finally are processed.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/2.2MM
Originally Posted by sig05
I was randomly given a second $200 voucher yesterday. No clue why as they already compensated me for my canceled flight on Tuesday with points and a voucher.
I also received a second $200 voucher (2 x $200). I am now trying to use them to book a $517 trip, and the system will only let me choose one or the other, but not both. I called the Diamond line and they told me that I am only allowed to use one "to avoid fraud" and having someone clean out somebodies account of vouchers. I told her that this didn't make sense since I was the account holder and I was the one using the vouchers for my own tickets. She said the rule was changed several years ago.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, is there a way to get around it?

Also, I looked at doing two one way tickets, and it will allow me to apply the individual voucher to each leg, but that then creates two PNRs, so if I have a change, it is 2x the change fees. I would like to use them both for the same reservation.

Thanks.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 1:05 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by enconline
Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, is there a way to get around it?
Has been the policy for a number of years. There isn't a way around it unless you do the one-ways as you suggest, with the change fee issue you described.

If you have more than one person on your reservation you can apply a voucher to each person, up to one voucher per person.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by TTT
Has been the policy for a number of years. There isn't a way around it unless you do the one-ways as you suggest, with the change fee issue you described.

If you have more than one person on your reservation you can apply a voucher to each person, up to one voucher per person.
Thanks - Is this policy written anywhere? The T&Cs of the voucher don't state such.

Terms:
Redemption Notes
To redeem, you will need the certificate/eCredit number.
Redeem this certificate/eCredit when booking travel using any of the channels specified below:
- Book your reservation quickly and easily online, by visiting delta.com. From www.delta.com, under the 'Book a Trip' tab, click on 'Redeem a certificate or eCredit,' provide the requested information, and continue your booking.
- Call Delta Reservations and advise the agent that you are redeeming a Delta certificate/eCredit (a Direct Ticketing Charge may apply). In U.S. and Canada, call 800-221-1212 or 800-225-2525. In Japan, call 0570-077733 or 0476-31-8000. In all other countries, please contact your local Delta Reservations office.
- Call Delta Vacations at 800-800-1504 (Travel Agents call: 800-727-1111). This certificate/eCredit applies exclusively to the air portion of your itinerary.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 4:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Thanks - Is this policy written anywhere? The T&Cs of the voucher don't state such.

Terms:
Redemption Notes
To redeem, you will need the certificate/eCredit number.
Redeem this certificate/eCredit when booking travel using any of the channels specified below:
- Book your reservation quickly and easily online, by visiting delta.com. From www.delta.com, under the 'Book a Trip' tab, click on 'Redeem a certificate or eCredit,' provide the requested information, and continue your booking.
- Call Delta Reservations and advise the agent that you are redeeming a Delta certificate/eCredit (a Direct Ticketing Charge may apply). In U.S. and Canada, call 800-221-1212 or 800-225-2525. In Japan, call 0570-077733 or 0476-31-8000. In all other countries, please contact your local Delta Reservations office.
- Call Delta Vacations at 800-800-1504 (Travel Agents call: 800-727-1111). This certificate/eCredit applies exclusively to the air portion of your itinerary.
My electronic voucher's T&C do state this:
5. Redemption/Transferability: Voucher is non-transferable unless assigned to someone traveling with the original voucher owner on the same reservation at the time the voucher is being redeemed. Delta assumes no responsibility for unauthorized use of the voucher by any person who presents it for redemption. A maximum of one voucher per passenger may be applied and used on one ticket. Paper vouchers cannot be redeemed online. To redeem a paper voucher, visit a Delta ticket counter at the airport or a Delta Ticket Office.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by TTT

Quick follow-up - as has been said by many here - if you don't get the answer you like, hang up and call back. Called today and was treated to a pleasant surprise. While it was stated that this was in fact the policy, the agent worked with someone off line and was able to use both certs for one round trip flight.^
Old Oct 5, 2016, 1:17 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Quick follow-up - as has been said by many here - if you don't get the answer you like, hang up and call back. Called today and was treated to a pleasant surprise. While it was stated that this was in fact the policy, the agent worked with someone off line and was able to use both certs for one round trip flight.^
Awesome outcome! Glad you found someone to help.

This is what the Redempton/Transferability section one voucher says:
Certificate/eCredit is non-transferable unless assigned to someone traveling with the original certificate/eCredit owner on the same reservation at the time the certificate/eCredit is being redeemed. Delta assumes no responsibility for unauthorized use of the certificate/eCredit by any person who presents it for redemption. A maximum of one certificate/eCredit per passenger may be applied and used on one ticket.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Could someone confirm expiration? Terms say "Validity Period: eCredit is valid for one year from date of issue. Validity period will not be extended." One could read that either as "fly by" or "ticket by" expiration date.

If I must FLY by expiration date, I can do it, but I'd prefer to ticket and fly after expiration date. Beyond speculation, can anyone provide data point?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Could someone confirm expiration? Terms say "Validity Period: eCredit is valid for one year from date of issue. Validity period will not be extended." One could read that either as "fly by" or "ticket by" expiration date.

If I must FLY by expiration date, I can do it, but I'd prefer to ticket and fly after expiration date. Beyond speculation, can anyone provide data point?
My reasoning: since e-credit is a form of payment, I would assume from your brief quotation from T&Cs that it is "ticket by" expiration date. Others might offer another interpretation.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Its ticket by date. When you purchase a ticket, the voucher is used then since you have to pay immediately.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by rylan
Its ticket by date. When you purchase a ticket, the voucher is used then since you have to pay immediately.
Okay, that's good news. I also realized I have some DL GCs to use. Is it possible to combine GCs with eCredits? I know you can only use one eCredit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.