Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

FINALLY Complimentary Y Meals Long Haul HNL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FINALLY Complimentary Y Meals Long Haul HNL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2016, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by bubbashow
Can anyone internally confirm this? My source is EXTREMELY reliable, and said that it was worded as a direct response to AA adding DFW-HNL main cabin meals, but so far I've seen no press release and DL.com is still showing food for purchase.
Now you have me worried!!!!
Old Aug 6, 2016, 12:16 am

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post26959181

I sent in a web feedback comment and received the reply "I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to book your travel on delta.com. In researching, we found the website to be up and running correctly with no errors or similar reports. Please try again and feel free to reach out to our Online Support experts at 888-750-3284 for assistance."

I replied back and said "read again more closely" and they said they would report it to tech support. Still not fixed after a week. Just to be sure I called in to web support, had an agent confirm the same thing I saw, and they said they'd open an IT ticket.

If you actually book C+ and didn't receive lie-flat do you think there is sufficient grounds for a lawsuit?
Old Aug 6, 2016, 12:19 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets
If you actually book C+ and didn't receive lie-flat do you think there is sufficient grounds for a lawsuit?
No.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets
Old Aug 6, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, Marriott, Hertz, National, Chic-fil-A
It's about time. I last flew HNL-ATL in 2007 and there was a hot meal in coach at that time, this being after the Ch. 11 exit.

I am not opposed to BOB in general, but I do object to when everything is sold out by the time the cart reaches mid-Economy cabin and you're limited to a snack box or a handful of pretzels. I've had this happen on multiple transcons such that I sit in forward economy cabin if I know I'll have no time to pack a lunch or don't want to feed on the garbage breakfast from McDs on an early AM LAX-ATL leg.

I am not surprised it happens on HNL long haul.

A comped meal must be easier on the crews and better for PR for DL by making sure everyone is offered something. Good on DL!
Old Aug 6, 2016, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
The amount of food one needs to really consider a proper meal takes up a decent amount of room in a carry-on bag.
A few cans of beanie-weenies will solve that
Old Aug 7, 2016, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TomMM
A few cans of beanie-weenies will solve that
Beanie weenies to HI....spam from HI
Old Aug 7, 2016, 12:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Can anyone internally confirm this? My source is EXTREMELY reliable, and said that it was worded as a direct response to AA adding DFW-HNL main cabin meals, but so far I've seen no press release and DL.com is still showing food for purchase.
I can ask the PR folks for more info on Monday and will report back.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

I just saw a FA friend passing through DTW on my way home from Chicago. It is in their stuff. She said September 15.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 4:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
I just saw a FA friend passing through DTW on my way home from Chicago. It is in their stuff. She said September 15.
So both your insider and an FA is telling you Delta.net info?

WoW you know both of them could be fired for telling you this?
Old Aug 17, 2016, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Ok...it's officially official

http://news.delta.com/complimentary-...nolulu-flights
Old Aug 17, 2016, 6:46 am

Programs: delta dm
In my opinion this should be on all flights 3.5 to 4 hrs and greater. They did it before and could do it again. Still waiting for the ability to preorder as delta promised. However this is an intial step in the right direction.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dzflyer
In my opinion this should be on all flights 3.5 to 4 hrs and greater. They did it before and could do it again. Still waiting for the ability to preorder as delta promised. However this is an intial step in the right direction.
This stage length without a meal was a crime. ESPECIALLY when BOB would run out.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 10:11 am

Programs: delta dm
This stage length without a meal was a crime. ESPECIALLY when BOB would run out.
I totally agree. Im suprised they have gotten away with it for so long. Heck many intl destinations are shorter than long haul hawaii.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: UR, RR, MileagePLus, Dividend Miles (R.I.P), AAdvantage, HHonors, IHG, Skymiles
No love for OGG routes though I'm flying economy MSP-OGG early next month and got so excited when I saw the announcement, only to then find out it's only on HNL routes. I wonder if they will serve loco moco?

I didn't know about the problems with BOB items. Glad I looked at this thread. We'll be stocking up on food in the airport for sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.