Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I'm sorry. I have to say it.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by DiverDave

David
Now, please no one ask when was the last time Delta had a payroll technology outage.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
That article talks about a computer problem with GoJet, not Delta.

Do you have anything with Delta IT being a problem?

I'm not saying they're saints, but I don't recall a UA/AA/WN style meltdown.
Originally Posted by televisor

David
^

I blame fliesdelta, he clearly jinxed DL.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Widgets
Now, please no one ask when was the last time Delta had a payroll technology outage.
Hopefully never.

Our company had the misfortune to change payroll systems at the end of the calendar year when a massive snowstorm hit DC some years back. The company had to rent 4WD vehicles to go fetch the systems folks and get the payroll run. It may have run a day or two late even with that.

David

Last edited by DiverDave; Aug 8, 2016 at 2:52 pm
Old Aug 8, 2016, 3:37 pm

Hopefully never.

Our company had the misfortune to change payroll systems at the end of the calendar year when a massive snowstorm hit DC some years back. The company had to rent 4WD vehicles to go fetch the systems folks and get the payroll run. It may have run a day or two late even with that.

David
Delta's transitioning to a new payroll system. I have no idea where the hiccups are happening, but it's not just "punch in, punch out" anymore. Don't think Delta reserves its needless IT complications for passengers only
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
So I just got off the phone with the Diamond Line (only a 6 minute hold..not bad!). I had to cancel a flight for tomorrow that I no longer needed to take and simply wanted to make them aware. The agent proactively offered to waive the change fee and provide me with full credit for the flight that I can use within a year. Far beyond my expectations.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by youvesaiditall
So I just got off the phone with the Diamond Line (only a 6 minute hold..not bad!). I had to cancel a flight for tomorrow that I no longer needed to take and simply wanted to make them aware. The agent proactively offered to waive the change fee and provide me with full credit for the flight that I can use within a year. Far beyond my expectations.
They've done that twice for me this year. I had good reasons for both instances, but I'm surprised that they were willing. And people say that elite status is worthless...

It's definitely the difference between a floor and a hotel room at NRT right now.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 7:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by WWads
They've done that twice for me this year. I had good reasons for both instances, but I'm surprised that they were willing. And people say that elite status is worthless...

It's definitely the difference between a floor and a hotel room at NRT right now.
Did all medallion members get the hotel rooms at NRT? If not, at what level did they get it? I had understood that the rooms were given to Biz class pax, not medallion members.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by youvesaiditall
I've found both the plat and diamond help line exceptional at accommodations. I try not to abuse the good treatment and leave it to times when I really need some help.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by Dovster
Did all medallion members get the hotel rooms at NRT? If not, at what level did they get it? I had understood that the rooms were given to Biz class pax, not medallion members.
They didn't, this is a post of a D1 pax with SM Plat status stranded at NRT:

Originally Posted by bretthexum
Not that we could find. It seems like when NRT shuts down the ground transportation does as well. We even had flight crew stuck for a long time. The floor was not fun. And we had paid D1 seats. Not really blaming the NRT Delta staff though .... It was absolutely crazy. Go back thru immigration which was about to close, get bags back, customs, then just wait. Eventually pulled out the mats on the first floor.

I will say that the reservation line did a superb job getting us rebooked. We'll see if we can get out at 3 PM to MSP

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27034441-post358.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.