Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Priority Mixed Cabin Bookings

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2016, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Sky Priority Mixed Cabin Bookings

Hello,

I searched for the answer to this question in the forum but am afraid that I did not find it. Does anyone know if sky priority benefits (expedited lines and boarding groups) are done by segment or itinerary? I have a mixed cabin award booking tomorrow (domestic segment in Y connecting to international partner segment in J), and I was wondering if I should have Sky Priority boarding and access prior to the domestic departure.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why don't you just check-in and see what your BP says on it?
Old Jul 17, 2016, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

OLCI is giving me an error saying that it was unable to complete check in and that I will have to check in at the airport; I wanted some idea of what to expect in advance.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
IME it is by direction of itinerary. So going GSP-ATL-LGA in mixed Y/F then returning LGA-ATL-GSP all in Y, you'd have both segments Sky outbound and neither on return (assuming no status) .

However my experience is mostly on all DL itins where the only reason one segment is in Y is because it is a CR2 or because only one segment got upgraded (back in my FO days). Not sure if it's different for the situation OP describes.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 2:13 am

All I know is you should have at least Sky Priority boarding for all flights in one direction if you're in the Premium cabin on at least one flight in that direction.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 3:16 am

Similar experience. In the past when I was bouncing between Silver and Gold, an upgrade to F on any segment gets me Sky for the whole direction.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 7:49 am

Programs: DL, B6, Hilton, Marriott, LaQuinta
Anyone have a up to date answer on this?
Have a mixed cabin booking tomorrow. LGA->DTW in Comfort Plus and then DTW->DSM in First. Booking has Sky Priority on it. Boarding passes have it only on DTW-> DSM leg.
Will I be able to check in at Sky Priority to check my bag and receive the expedited handling at LGA?
Old Mar 2, 2020, 9:02 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by awone123
Anyone have a up to date answer on this?
Have a mixed cabin booking tomorrow. LGA->DTW in Comfort Plus and then DTW->DSM in First. Booking has Sky Priority on it. Boarding passes have it only on DTW-> DSM leg.
Will I be able to check in at Sky Priority to check my bag and receive the expedited handling at LGA?
For checking your bag, I would just go to the Sky Priority lane. If there is someone monitoring the line entrance who gives you trouble, show them the second BP with your flight in F.

For boarding, Comfort Plus boards before Sky, so that won't be an issue.

The only benefit I could see you having trouble utilizing is Sky Priority security line, assuming you don't have PreCheck or CLEAR. Even that, you might be able to talk your way past the person monitoring the line entry. The TSA agents checking IDs and doing the screening don't care.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.