Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any DFW based Delta loyals?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: United-1K, Marriott-Titanium Ambassador, Hyatt-Globalist
Was an AA EXP in Dallas and switched to Delta as a platinum a year ish ago. I ....ing love it regardless of the connection situation. I mostly fly out of DAL because I've been doing East Coast trips lately and a live downtown but I find the service of Delta in Dallas is way better than American.

I'm Diamond on Delta now and I won't ever go back to American. At least until the merger is completely over.

Basically if you don't mind connections that much, Delta is 10x better than AA
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CloneCones
Was an AA EXP in Dallas and switched to Delta as a platinum a year ish ago. I ....ing love it regardless of the connection situation. I mostly fly out of DAL because I've been doing East Coast trips lately and a live downtown but I find the service of Delta in Dallas is way better than American.

I'm Diamond on Delta now and I won't ever go back to American. At least until the merger is completely over.

Basically if you don't mind connections that much, Delta is 10x better than AA
Same for me at DCA. DL flies nonstop to the place I fly most, and is much better than AA for Deep South travel. Connecting is not the end of the world, especially at a place like ATL where the banks are well-designed and misconnects are easily recovered.

I did a few flights on UA and AA last year just to get a good sampling, and I'm staying with DL for now. UA was Ok, but AA was just terrible. If only UA had its DC hub at DCA.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: United 1K, SWA RR ALP-CP, Hertz #1 Gold PC, HH Lifetime Diamond
I’m not DFW-based, but I am Delta-loyal and fly in and out of DFW and occasionally DAL on a weekly basis for business most of the year. Overall, the experience getting into/out of Dallas on DL has been, for lack of a better word, “meh”. Given the fact that every single flight has been jam-packed, I haven’t enjoyed the A319/320/321 which DL utilizes on these routes, nor do I particularly care for DFW as it is IMO a total logistical nightmare and extremely inefficient (the rental car facility seems like it’s light years away). Depending on the day of the week, the aircraft being flown, and the destination hub (Wednesday PM to ATL on an A321, for example), the gate swarming at DFW can get ridiculous. FWIW, I could get to Dallas on a direct flight on other airlines, but I absolutely refuse to fly AA, and I usually only fly WN into DAL if I have business to conduct in close proximity to that airport or on the SW side of town.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:28 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Yeah the DFW flights (and DAL flights, for that matter) are always absolutely packed to the gills. Seems like they would upgauge some of these.
FlyingJayhawk12 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
They have, the DAL flights are 737 flights now, they were 717 at one point.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:09 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
honestly I'm surprised we don't see the domestic 767 on ATL-DFW
Old Dec 28, 2019, 7:16 pm

Checkin

What time does the checkin desk open to check in luggage? Old 2006 Flyertalk post states

“dl res tells me that the ticket counter opens at 0415 and the lower level baggage check opens at 0530.....”
Old Feb 25, 2020, 3:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Stocktc1
What time does the checkin desk open to check in luggage? Old 2006 Flyertalk post states

“dl res tells me that the ticket counter opens at 0415 and the lower level baggage check opens at 0530.....”
It is 4:15a. Sometimes there will be ticketing agents setting up for the day a little earlier than that, but I wouldn't expect to be accommodated any earlier.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 4:21 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by james318
And to think, the E concourse and they SkyClub have been remodeled this year. (Not exactly stellar on either front...)
This club was updated again last year and is really quite nice now.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold, National Executive, Hertz Presidents Circle
I am moving to DEN and will remain loyal to DL. I would rather actually get there and have a connection. DL has an excellent track record of on-time performance. Also DL seems to be the only "luxury" airline anymore. Most of AA's and UA's planes don't have IFE and WN is Spirit with free bags. I say stay loyal to DL and just connect.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, "alum" of high status with UA but not any more
The thread provides an opportunity for nostalgia . . .

I lived in the Dallas area briefly in the late 1990s. Having relocated there from Cincinnati (another once-significant Delta hub that is now a shadow of its former self), I had Delta status so I decided to stay loyal to Delta. At that time, DFW was a significant Delta hub . . .. It was not nearly as big a hub as American operated at DFW, but big enough that it was pretty easy to be a Delta loyalist without sacrificing scheduling convenience. In those days, DL had nonstop flights to most every major U.S. business destination and a pretty sizable list of cities in Texas and adjoining states with RJ service. I remember widebody flights on flights to ATL and FLL. I kind of liked having status and such with DFW's second-tier carrier.

Someone up higher on this thread complimented how great Delta's DFW staff is today. I suspect that might be because when they de-hubbed DFW in 2004, they could only retain a small percentage of their DFW station personnel, so only the best of the best survived . . . and they left a legacy . . .and in fact a lot of them may still be there.
Traveler_boy_25 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 6:02 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by james318
This club was updated again last year and is really quite nice now.
The check-in counter is now directly in front when entering instead of on the left hand side. Quite disorienting the first few times!
Old Feb 25, 2020, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Traveler_boy_25
I am moving to DEN and will remain loyal to DL. I would rather actually get there and have a connection. DL has an excellent track record of on-time performance. Also DL seems to be the only "luxury" airline anymore. Most of AA's and UA's planes don't have IFE and WN is Spirit with free bags. I say stay loyal to DL and just connect.
Sorry but had to laugh at the luxury comment.
Even on DL planes with IFE I usually watch on my own device via DL studio. Which every domestic airline I’ve flown not named Spirit and Frontier offers.
To each their own.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 5:47 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
heard tonight that DL, who’s gate at DAL (15) has been in legal purgatory for some time now, is rumored to have an agreement to buy the rights to gate 13 from AS, who is cutting frequencies and no longer needs 2

mods: feel free to move this post if this isn’t the right place

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.