Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta 24 Hour "Risk Free" Cancellation Policy Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta 24 Hour "Risk Free" Cancellation Policy Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2023, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by amybd
As I said in the post, I did not get an ecredit either. There is nothing in my wallet (and the receipt definitely has my FF# on it, so if I had an ecredit, it should be in my account).
Logon to delta.com. Put in first name, last name and ticket number. You’ll likely see the full value there. 75%+ of my ecredits are not in my wallet. I have to track them manually.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 2:32 pm

No option to put the ticket number, first name, last name. I have tried using ticket number in the "certificate number" field, contact info, credit card number for both me and my husband, and under his Sky Miles account - these are the options I have. None retrieve any kind of ecredit. Also, part of my ticket was using a different credit, so I think would have gone back to that ecredit, and all my others show as closed.

I would also assume that the agent would have mentioned that when I called. He just sounded confused and submitted the ticket request.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 2:35 pm

No option to put the ticket number, first name, last name. I have tried using ticket number in the "certificate number" field, contact info, credit card number for both me and my husband, and under his Sky Miles account - these are the options I have. None retrieve any kind of ecredit. Also, part of my ticket was using a different credit, so I think would have gone back to that ecredit, and all my others show as closed.

I would also assume that the agent would have mentioned that when I called. He just sounded confused and submitted the ticket request.
Of course I `would also assume that a 24 hour cancellation would be easy and that clearly wasn't the case here.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 8:40 pm

Just be sure the transaction posted and is not pending. If I cancel within a few hours the charge stays pending for a week or more. If I cancel into the next day it posts and I get a refund.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I have experienced the same thing.

Despite clicking on refund (instead of eCredit), and despite having an email confirming refund, Delta gave me an eCredit. Even more frustrating is can't see the eCredit myself, but DL agents can see it, so would have to call to book and use the eCredit.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
Just be sure the transaction posted and is not pending. If I cancel within a few hours the charge stays pending for a week or more. If I cancel into the next day it posts and I get a refund.
Transaction has posted. Ticket was booked and canceled over 2 weeks ago.
lindros2 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 7:41 am
_fx

Programs: AS 75K, DL Platinum
Did you try calling? I've had this happen to me, but the agent was able to see the error and fix it. Basically, the ticket ended up in a "stuck" state where it had been cancelled, but the refund flow was not triggered because of some IT bug.

(I will note the agent I got was clearly very experienced and had to try several systems to push the refund through, but they eventually managed to do it. So you might have to HUCA a few times or ask for a trainer)
Old Jul 17, 2023, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by _fx
Did you try calling? I've had this happen to me, but the agent was able to see the error and fix it. Basically, the ticket ended up in a "stuck" state where it had been cancelled, but the refund flow was not triggered because of some IT bug.

(I will note the agent I got was clearly very experienced and had to try several systems to push the refund through, but they eventually managed to do it. So you might have to HUCA a few times or ask for a trainer)
Glad to hear you had a successful experience. All the phone agent could do after a long hold was fill out the refund request form. Not sure I really want to play the HUCA game, but will consider knowing that I might be successful
Old Jul 17, 2023, 8:49 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
I think partner metal - and MAYBE a non-006 ticket - could be at play here.

then again I can’t get into DL.dumb because of an outage right now.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by lindros2
I think partner metal - and MAYBE a non-006 ticket - could be at play here.

then again I can’t get into DL.dumb because of an outage right now.
It's a 006 ticket, but definitely partner metal.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 8:00 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
In the past I have been successful in speeding up the process with Delta by filing a complaint with the BBB. It's been a while, but I think I got a positive (for me) response within a couple of days.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 8:57 am

I purchased a ticket 2 weeks ago, canceled online within a few hours. I was doing accounting today and noticed I never got a refund. Ticket is definitely canceled, no ecredits either. Unfortunately, I can't find any of the emails showing the timing of the cancellation (not sure I got any, I'm usually not stupid enough to delete stuff like this, but maybe I was having a dumb day??) I talked to the phone rep and he seemed quite confused on what happened and submitted a refund request, so now I have to wait 7-30 days to hear back. Really annoying.

I have never had any issue with the 24 hour refund process before. Has anyone else and what was the outcome?

I can deal with a credit if I need to, since I don't have proof, but don't even have that at the moment and I have to buy a ticket in the next week or so that I can use for part of it.
A follow up: about 2 weeks from the request I was issued a refund to my card. A lesson to make sure I pay close attention to the 24 hour refunds, particularly if they are code shares, because I haven’t always since they typically simple.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 1:20 pm

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
Although it typically never takes that long, most merchants will parrot the line “refunds could take 7-10 business days before they show up on your account.”

Did you use credit or debit card? Debit card banks typically take MUCH longer with refund processing.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Although it typically never takes that long, most merchants will parrot the line “refunds could take 7-10 business days before they show up on your account.”

Did you use credit or debit card? Debit card banks typically take MUCH longer with refund processing.
It had been almost 3 weeks since the cancellation. Credit card. They did finally issue a refund, but if I hadn’t noticed, and contacted customer service, and waited another 10 days for them to respond, then I would not have gotten the money back. Once they processed the refund it appeared in my account within a couple of days.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 3:22 pm

It had been almost 3 weeks since the cancellation. Credit card. They did finally issue a refund, but if I hadn’t noticed, and contacted customer service, and waited another 10 days for them to respond, then I would not have gotten the money back. Once they processed the refund it appeared in my account within a couple of days.
If DL didn’t process the refund you would have had a successful chargeback with your credit card company. It would’ve taken longer but you would have been made whole.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.