Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

2 free drinks w/Delta Amex in the clubs is back for Dec. 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 free drinks w/Delta Amex in the clubs is back for Dec. 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2016, 1:34 am

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
I really really like this promo they run!
Old Jun 2, 2016, 6:40 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by KenfromDE
I have a Platinum Delta Amex card but have never been emailed re the free drinks. They have my email address. What's up?
Mrs. TrojanTraveler nor I have yet received any email on this. But the signs are up in the clubs. While I too am curious about how/when they email certain things, it's not like you would now book an extra trip on DL solely if one knew there were two nicer free drinks in the club.

But then again, maybe some would...
Old Jun 2, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: QMiles,Delta, United, Miles & More, AA, Avis, Hertz, National, SPG, Le Club Accorhotels
I am mildly annoyed at the AMEX e-mail scheme as well. I have the reserve card and have yet to receive any of the nice goodies that almost everyone else on FT get...
Old Jun 2, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It seems to be any DL AmEx card, but not SPG, Mercedes, or one of the unaffiliated ones.
Including the free DL blue card??
Old Jun 2, 2016, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by skyrider117
I am mildly annoyed at the AMEX e-mail scheme as well. I have the reserve card and have yet to receive any of the nice goodies that almost everyone else on FT get...
I have the reserve card and actually got the email for this.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by rylan
Likewise!
Old Jun 2, 2016, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
ROFL...

The email states:
ENJOY PREMIUM DRINKS, ON THE HOUSE.

We're serving up an exclusive upgrade just for our Card Members! For the entire month of June, show your Delta SkyMiles Credit Card at THE BAR at Delta Sky Club and enjoy up to 2 free Premium beverages every time you visit*, courtesy of #DeltaAmexPerks.

And, if experience has taught you that it is always best to click a few more times to find the Terms & Conditions you find:
Valid only for guests 21 years and older. Good for two beverages per active Delta SkyMiles Credit Card presented to Delta Sky Club per daily visit. Select champagnes and Premium spirits are excluded. A list of excluded beverages will be provided upon request. ...
So, there are some drinks more PREMIUM than PREMIUM, and they are excluded?

Even the most talented satire writer could not make this stuff up.

With apologies to George Orwell... "All premium drinks are premium but some premium drinks are more premium than others".
Old Jun 2, 2016, 6:30 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Delta Reserve, Singapore Silver, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by rylan
I did not get this email.
I wonder if it's targeted (as for the email) not the promo.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 10:23 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
I did not get this email.
I wonder if it's targeted (as for the email) not the promo.
Do you have future flights booked and do you have skyclub access / membership? Maybe that's it. I do, and I got the email.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 10:26 pm

Programs: delta dm
I got the email..but im just a gamer anyway...free benefits from my card huh...wscpdbscpd...want skyclub premium drinks buy skyclub premium drinks...thats what #bubbadave says
Old Jun 2, 2016, 11:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Including the free DL blue card??
The words seem to say yes, but the picture includes only the Gold, Plat, and Reserve cards. YMMV.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
Just left food JFK sky club. Bartender smiled when I showed him the four Delta platinum cards (personal and business for me and my partner). Of course, tippedas usual, but there didn't seem to be any question about giving us ee wanted
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I just realized that my only planned visits to SCs with bartenders this month involve morning flights. I wonder how early the champagne will be flowing. Does anyone know whether it will work at MSP F/G around 9 am? I'd be trying to turn breakfast into brunch, although not on a Sunday. (The DL gods seem to be punishing me for picking connections through DTW rather than ATL, although I'd have multiple good champagne opportunities if the offer were extended to July 2. Sigh)
Old Jun 3, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: Delta DM, Delta Reserve, Singapore Silver, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by stencil
Do you have future flights booked and do you have skyclub access / membership? Maybe that's it. I do, and I got the email.
My next flight is tomorrow. I have a SkyClub Executive membership and Reserve Card.

I tend to get every other DL email, but not SkyClub related emails.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 11:20 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
My next flight is tomorrow. I have a SkyClub Executive membership and Reserve Card.

I tend to get every other DL email, but not SkyClub related emails.
Login and then go to https://www.delta.com/profile/notifi...sAction.action

In the box at the bottom with the header "NEWS & SPECIAL OFFERS" do you have any of those unchecked? I wonder if this promotion falls under one of those categories.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.