Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Upgrade Confirmation Email, but with no upgrade confirmation

Upgrade Confirmation Email, but with no upgrade confirmation

Old May 30, 2016, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by kss5555
Yes this appears to be the norm. I get these at the plat window now every flight even if already confirmed in c+ at booking. Sometimes my seat is changed as well. This needs to be looked at.
Originally Posted by lking
Same here. Upgrade consisted of the same seats I had already selected.
Same here... but I got the last laugh. Ultimately, upgraded to FC on all 4 segments.

But, the last one was a squeaker... at check-in, I was #1 for 0. (on this particular date, DL had downgraded the last flight from ATL to PHL from the prior, typical 757 to an A3xx.)

Stayed #1 for all 24 hours... a rarity. Then, one seat came available about 2 hours before departure.

Still have not sampled C+ (knocking wood).

WFWFF... (want first, wait for for first )
Old May 30, 2016, 9:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by PayItForward
A bit similar to checking in at hotels and told that an upgrade was given when in fact that was the exact room type booked.
OT, but this is still much much better than being told at check in that one was upgraded when in fact it was a downgrade and then having to fight to get a room of the category that was reserved and paid. Thank you Loews New Orleans. Never again.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 2:43 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
This happened to me overnight. Got an e-mail from the Big D indicating that I had been upgraded (I'm on a DCA-JFK segment this coming Thursday), but, in looking at my reservation, I was still sitting in C+, which I had obtained about a month ago (I've got a cheap V fare and I am continuing on to LHR, which of course is not upgradeable, also in C+, which I obtained at the same time).

Last edited by ND76; Jun 6, 2016 at 2:56 am
Old Jun 6, 2016, 5:16 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
I'm flying today ATL-MLI and have already gotten my upgrade to FC on both segments. I never got an email. I just check the App twice a day when the 72 hr window has come.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 7:22 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I never pay any attention to the upgrade emails. I always watch my itineraries around my window and if there's no upgrade then, I hope and check for middle of the night upgrades as the day of departure approaches. I usually also try to capture some "proof" that I was upgraded, for example by printing a copy of my itinerary showing the new seats or, for instrument-supported upgrades, I email myself the receipt after the ticket has been reissued into OP/RP.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I usually also try to capture some "proof" that I was upgraded, for example by printing a copy of my itinerary showing the new seats or, for instrument-supported upgrades, I email myself the receipt after the ticket has been reissued into OP/RP.
Really? Have you ever had a need for this type of evidence? Seems like a lot to go through.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
I've gotten these too. Change one middle leg and the system will notice that you've already been *upgraded* on a later leg and your new confirmation email will announce you've been upgraded! Even if you weren't on the only leg that changed.

Delta IT at it's usual par excellence.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL G, UA G, IHG SA
Similar situation here. I received an email titled "Last Minute Information" showing one leg of my upcoming trip cleared into First with a choose seat link. I clicked the link but my seat is still in c+ in the seat map and I am not able to choose a seat in first. I then checked the upgrade list and found I was no. 4 with 3 seats available.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Here's a weird one: Got the upgrade e-mail this morning showing the C+ assignments I already had since booking... but looking at the app a few hours later I was actually upgraded to F. Is this a new 'surprise and delight' strategy?
Old Jun 8, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Here's a weird one: Got the upgrade e-mail this morning showing the C+ assignments I already had since booking... but looking at the app a few hours later I was actually upgraded to F. Is this a new 'surprise and delight' strategy?
...And a few hours later I was also upgraded to F for the return segment. Still no e-mails at all following the C+ "upgrade" e-mail yesterday morning.

I had still reliably been receiving F upgrade e-mails prior to this booking, even for the two trips I already flew post-5/16. Something has changed this month.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Like many, I've been in C+ seats for LHR SEA SAN / SAN SLC MSP LHR (only leg not in C+ is MSP LHR because I prefer row 30).

Got the "you've been upgraded email" last night. SEA SAN is listed as "premium economy" on the email. Uh huh...

So bizarre...
Old Aug 5, 2016, 7:36 pm

It happened to me again: All segments were "upgraded" to C+ shortly after booking. This morning I had a middle of the night email from DL "Your Medallion Upgrade Has Been Confirmed" but the "upgrades" in questions are just to C+, exactly the same as the day I purchased the ticket. I don't see any minor schedule change or other explanation.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 2:17 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
"Your Medallion Upgrades Have Been Confirmed" email

Congratulations on your complimentary medallion upgrades, writes Delta at T-4.
In the past I have received such emails when a seat had been upgraded.
This time the seats are the same as they have been for the past 2 months: one C+, waiting for an F upgrade, and a regular economy on the connecting TATL (no C+ available).

Is this how Delta mocks Medallions these days ?
Old Sep 6, 2016, 2:33 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Search around a little. You'll find LOTS of posts about the exact same gripe.

Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:33 am

Programs: DL DM
Got one today....excitedly I opened my reservation on the app to select my F seat on my quick hop from DTW-CHI. 5A. The same seat I have had since I made the reservation. Hmmm.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.