Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Upgrade Confirmation Email, but with no upgrade confirmation

Upgrade Confirmation Email, but with no upgrade confirmation

Old May 10, 2016, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Email - "YOUR MEDALLION® UPGRADES HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED" - Not So!

Received an email today from Delta:

"YOUR MEDALLION® UPGRADES HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED"

Hurray! So I went to my flight information and saw exactly the same seats I have had for months. Yes, they were Delta Comfort (or whatever they call it now) but they are the same seats I had at Day One. No upgrade to F.

What's up with this?
Old May 10, 2016, 10:22 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yogimax

Hurray! So I went to my flight information and saw exactly the same seats I have had for months. Yes, they were Delta Comfort (or whatever they call it now) but they are the same seats I had at Day One. No upgrade to F.

What's up with this?
I have seen a lag in the itinerary showing the upgrade after receiving the email (especially on the app). What seats did the email say you were now sitting in?

Also try going to the seat map for the flight in question and seeing if your coach seat now shows as available and the F seat the email shows as occupied.
Old May 10, 2016, 10:23 am

Programs: DL GM, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
When is the flight? If it's after the 16th that might be a funny bug that tells you you've been upgraded to C+ even though you already had it.
Old May 10, 2016, 10:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I tend to get the email hours after the upgrade is processed, although on my most recent trip, the upgrades in each direction went through at about 5:04 ATL time at my DM window and I got the email around 5:55 pm the same day, less than an hour later.
Old May 10, 2016, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTT
I have seen a lag in the itinerary showing the upgrade after receiving the email (especially on the app). What seats did the email say you were now sitting in?

Also try going to the seat map for the flight in question and seeing if your coach seat now shows as available and the F seat the email shows as occupied.
The email gave the exact same seats I originally booked.

The seat map shows me still in the same seat.
Old May 10, 2016, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3furballs
When is the flight? If it's after the 16th that might be a funny bug that tells you you've been upgraded to C+ even though you already had it.
Flight is May 13th.
Old May 10, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
I had the same thing 2 weeks ago. It took 45 minutes to show. I was going to call inbetween but got busy then I look and it was there.
Old May 10, 2016, 11:31 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I've seen this on the Android app. If that's what you're using, try logging out and back in again, or, exitng the app and reopening it.
Old May 10, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Did your fare class change to WU?

I got a similar email upon booking a flight for next week (outbound on 5/16). I booked 24 hours before the normal F upgrades go through, but got the "Medallion Upgrade" email and Amex sent me the obligatory "there has been a change to your flights" because of the "upgrade" to C+.

If you are pre-5/16, then I don't know. Is your return after?
Old May 10, 2016, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by azeckel
If you are pre-5/16, then I don't know. Is your return after?
Yes, the return is 5/20 and I'm guessing this was the phantom upgrade they were confirming.

I did call Delta and they were clueless. No idea.
Old May 10, 2016, 8:24 pm

Programs: Delta PM, United Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yogimax

What's up with this?
Look at the email as it continues your seat numbers. That will be the true indicater of the upgrade.
Old May 10, 2016, 8:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I don't think I've had an upgrade processed in the 5 pm hour 6 days out since my DM carriage turned into a PM pumpkin on February 1. Most of my advance upgrades have taken place after 0200 EDT either 5 or 3 days out. I've been doing really well in terms of sitting up front: counting tomorrow's trip, I'm 21 for 26 domestic upgrades as a PM in 2016, and only got hit for $39.00 once. I've only been the "bubble boy" once.
Old May 13, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: DL-PM, 1MM; HH-Gold; Avis First
Same thing happened to me today..."Your upgrade has cleared" but no change in PNR.

I am Diamond and had already been set up in C+ from the date of booking.
Old May 13, 2016, 9:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Isn't there a GM window for C+ upgrades at 5 pm today ATL time, for travel on May 16th? Or is my counting wrong?
Old May 13, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by FrontRow
I am Diamond and had already been set up in C+ from the date of booking.
But doesn't that email make you feel special?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.