Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Rapid Reward switch to Skymiles, MQM question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rapid Reward switch to Skymiles, MQM question

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
I thank the FF God regularly that I don't make DM on segments.

OP You need to get familiar with the Delta Amex Platinum (or Reserve) MQM bonus. an extra 10K to 30K MQMs each year for most folks.
Old May 23, 2016, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Rapid Rewards A+, Delta Diamond Elite, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum, Skyclub Executive
I'm not leaving Southwest, I'm simply trying to broaden my options. This first class thing is really impressing me...

On the CC, yes, i'm investigating options.

Thanks
Old May 23, 2016, 10:12 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mthake
I'm not leaving Southwest, I'm simply trying to broaden my options. This first class thing is really impressing me...

On the CC, yes, i'm investigating options.

Thanks
I don't think the DL AMEX cards are too useful if you are going to be qualifying for medallion status based on segments. If you will end up Gold+ anyway (if the schedule you posted is typical you will easily hit 12500 MQMs in 90 days the hard way, oof) the extra MQMs won't benefit you, you'll have SkyPriority and free checked bags already, etc. If you want SkyClub access, in your situation the non-Delta AMEX Platinum would probably be the best use of the $450.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.