Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What is the worst SkyTeam Lounge? I've got my vote!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the worst SkyTeam Lounge? I've got my vote!

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Easy: AZ's at JFK T1.
Old May 13, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
AF lounge at BOD (Bordeoux). Granted it's a small airport, but to gain access to the non-staffed lounge, you ask the cashier at the fast food counter next to the lounge for the door code, and then you enter a 200 square foot room with chairs and snacks and a dirty bathroom.
Old May 13, 2016, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Glad to see that AF has good representation in this thread. For all the hate that Delta's Sky Clubs get, I find that they're typically much better than the European carriers' outstation lounges.
Old May 13, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Many European minor airports have no lounge at all. Which is better: No lounge, or crappy lounge ?
Old May 13, 2016, 2:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by thesaints
Easy: AZ's at JFK T1.
It's bad but KE at NRT is worse.

In T1 at JFK, you can use the nice new AF lounge or the older comfy KE lounge instead of AZ.
Old May 13, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Many European minor airports have no lounge at all. Which is better: No lounge, or crappy lounge ?
Easy. Best is no lounge, if the airline gives you unlimited food/drinks coupon for a good cafe at the airport. While not SkyTeam, TK does that in some places (and probably other airlines do so as well). Instead of using the shared lounge with other airlines, they give you a coupon for drinks and light snacks/desserts at a good cafe at the airport right by the gate they use instead.

That is far better than having a crappy lounge.
Old May 13, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Easy. Best is no lounge, if the airline gives you unlimited food/drinks coupon for a good cafe at the airport. While not SkyTeam, TK does that in some places (and probably other airlines do so as well). Instead of using the shared lounge with other airlines, they give you a coupon for drinks and light snacks/desserts at a good cafe at the airport right by the gate they use instead.

That is far better than having a crappy lounge.
PMNW/KLM used to do this with the Irish Pub across from their gate at SVO. You'd get US$20 worth of stuff (enough for two good Irish coffees and a big tip) which could even include souvenirs they sold such as tee shirts. People would chat a bit across tables and make friends before boarding. Then we started being sent to the SU lounge, with Russian sparkling wine and little open faced smoked salmon sandwiches that tended to last on the buffet for less than five minutes after the delivery of a new tray.
Old May 13, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Oh no, the worst SkyTeam lounges are any of the lounges in Terminal 1 in Shanghai. All of them are the exact same little room with 15-20 chairs, awful cheap chinese food, and the only alcohol on offer is a bottle of Jack Daniels and some weird chinese wine. Not sure if any of them have showers, but considering the state of the rest of the lounge I'd be nervous to try them.
Old May 13, 2016, 2:55 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by DJCobol
ATL b terminal by gate 11. It's terrible.
This. I don't care if it's been remodeled. It's too small, too crowded, too noisy, the one window has a fabulous view of the backside of a jetbridge. The bar is tiny, it's always understaffed. No matter what time of day, it's always pure misery. It's a hellcloset.
Old May 13, 2016, 2:57 pm

[QUOTE=BenA;26619978]I actually really like KE onboard and the lounge service in ICN is incredible... but man, the outstation lounges are sad. HKG is another example of one that might as well be a hospital waiting room.

Food onboard KE is pretty good, but the rest of their j product is mediocre. ICN lounge has nice views, but most lounges do nowadays. They have self serve Remy Martin XO, which is incredible, expensive and delicious, but most everything else is terrible, from the food to the awful furniture/décor. The bathrooms also needed a good cleaning.
Old May 13, 2016, 3:16 pm

[QUOTE=The Situation;26621779]
Originally Posted by BenA
I actually really like KE onboard and the lounge service in ICN is incredible... but man, the outstation lounges are sad. HKG is another example of one that might as well be a hospital waiting room.

Food onboard KE is pretty good, but the rest of their j product is mediocre. ICN lounge has nice views, but most lounges do nowadays. They have self serve Remy Martin XO, which is incredible, expensive and delicious, but most everything else is terrible, from the food to the awful furniture/décor. The bathrooms also needed a good cleaning.
The Cognac is the reason for visiting the KE lounge at JFK T1, after having food and wine in the AF lounge: a nice after dinner drink before your midnight flight.
Old May 13, 2016, 11:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Things have changed, but once as a SkyTeam passenger on BritAir (AF commuter partner) I got into a very nice lounge at NCL, a relatively small regional airport. Years ago, when the old Continental was a "team mate" of Delta, I got a code-share bargain J ticket BWI-EWR-BRS and return, and there was a ServisAir lounge in BRS which filled the bill nicely.

The AF/KL lounge in BUD was more than adequate for me also.
Old May 14, 2016, 2:15 am

Programs: DL 2MM PM;VSGld;EKGld; HilDia; HrtzPC; AvisPC; PP; AmbPlt; JumeiGld; MeliaPlt; TajPlt; ShangriDia
No intent to hijack this thread, but after reading so much gloom and doom, I thought I should put in a positive note: I HATE flying Delta domestic out of IAD, as they often have the CRJs. However, the compensation is that if you have a full Sky Club Membership or Priority Pass, you need to start the domestic flight with a glass of Champagne in the AF Lounge, which was formerly the NW World Club. Yes, AF and DL are on opposite ends of the concourse, but the key is that following the signs for the underground people mover from the main terminal to AF will land you steps away from the AF Lounge if you have time to spare, then you simply need to allot time to walk to the DL flight. The French champagne, sandwiches and food in the AF Lounge compensate for the IAD departure in CRJs.
Old May 14, 2016, 5:10 am

Crappy lounge. At least with no lounge I have no expectation.
Old May 14, 2016, 5:35 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by DJCobol
ATL b terminal by gate 11. It's terrible.
Originally Posted by ND76
I disagree. It has been remodeled, and the bar staff is always good in there. Restrooms are clean. Furthermore, I got great help from a concierge a couple of weeks ago.

Right now, I would rate the LAX club in T5 as my least favorite in the system. Always crowded, food buffet can be disgusting looking, hard to get the bartender's attention (although on the positive side I've rarely been there when there were fewer than four concierges working the front desk, and those folks are always friendly and helpful).
The B10 Sky Closet... while updated and yes, it has nice bathrooms, it is ridiculously overcrowded pretty much every time I've ever been in it. I avoid it and head down to B25. The new mid-concourse SC in B will be a welcome addition!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.