Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What is the worst SkyTeam Lounge? I've got my vote!

Old May 12, 16, 4:11 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: DL PM (and falling fast!), AA EXP, IHG Spire, IC Amb

Ok, so I switched most of my flying to OW/BA for 2016 so I have been SPOILED with the BA lounges.

However, and although I have been here many times before, this is my first trip back to the KE SkyTeam lounge at TBIT @ LAX in probably 6 months--and, boy oh boy, did I forget how low-rent it is.

No bottles of water? PAPER cups for the water they DO have? Finger foods with no real hot options except Cup O' Noodles? Chips and salsa? Really???? Carrots and celery sticks? The seats look extremely dirty. Generic hand soap? Their coffee machine is outdated and looks cheap.

I have never flown KE, but I hear their service and product is Top-Notch. So why is their lounge just absolutely horrible and low-budget??? Especially since it is the ONLY International SkyTeam lounge for everyone to use at TBIT?

I don't get to ever complain about anything because most things just don't bother me enough to care, and I have an insanely sweeeeeeet life.

But this lounge sucks.

Ok, I'll throw in a positive--they have more power outlets than I think I have ever seen in a lounge at literally almost every seat. ^

I almost wish I would have just stayed at T5 for a few hours in the SkyClub.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day.
Old May 12, 16, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime GE), National Emerald Executive
That sounds like many (most?) airline lounges at non-hub airports. Nothing special.

My vote would be for the CI lounge at HNL. Very small and with more than 15-20 people in no sitting room. No real food. Really just water with little other choice of drinks. Very tired/old and impractical future for such a small space. (KE lounge next door is at least a bit bigger and has good selection of food and clean, modern look and feel and is very clean.)
Old May 12, 16, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by 355F1 View Post
I almost wish I would have just stayed at T5 for a few hours in the SkyClub.
There is a new airside connection from TBIT to T4. From T4 you can take the tunnel airside T4 to T5, so it is possible to experience the SkyClub when departing TBIT.

http://www.lawa.org/laxdev/ProjectFactSheet.aspx
http://www.lawa.org/uploadedFiles/LA...0FactSheet.pdf
Old May 12, 16, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
The Air France Salon lounges in Paris-Orly were pretty grim last I visited.
Old May 12, 16, 9:53 pm

ATL b terminal by gate 11. It's terrible.
Old May 12, 16, 11:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The KE lounge at NRT is bleak....and crowded.
Old May 12, 16, 11:40 pm

Programs: Delta PM/2.8 MM; Hertz PC; Amtrak Guest Rewards; Marriott Rewards Silver
Originally Posted by DJCobol View Post
ATL b terminal by gate 11. It's terrible.
I disagree. It has been remodeled, and the bar staff is always good in there. Restrooms are clean. Furthermore, I got great help from a concierge a couple of weeks ago.

Right now, I would rate the LAX club in T5 as my least favorite in the system. Always crowded, food buffet can be disgusting looking, hard to get the bartender's attention (although on the positive side I've rarely been there when there were fewer than four concierges working the front desk, and those folks are always friendly and helpful).
Old May 12, 16, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by ND76 View Post
I disagree. It has been remodeled, and the bar staff is always good in there. Restrooms are clean. Furthermore, I got great help from a concierge a couple of weeks ago.

Right now, I would rate the LAX club in T5 as my least favorite in the system. Always crowded, food buffet can be disgusting looking, hard to get the bartender's attention (although on the positive side I've rarely been there when there were fewer than four concierges working the front desk, and those folks are always friendly and helpful).
B11 is still a bus station waiting room.

A bit shinier than before, but still a soulless mini-cavern.
Old May 12, 16, 11:50 pm

Programs: Delta PM/2.8 MM; Hertz PC; Amtrak Guest Rewards; Marriott Rewards Silver
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter View Post
A soulless mini-cavern.
If that is the standard, then JFK T2 would be at the bottom (although I really like the balcony overlooking Gates C65 and C66 in the rear of the club).
Old May 13, 16, 7:27 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, IHG/SPG/MR Plat, HH Gold, UA Silver, EK Kettle, AA Hater
AF lounge in DXB. Tiny, nasty bathrooms, internet never works, girl at the desk has the personality of a rock (she must work all the time, she has been there every time in 20+ visits). I do have to say the food is quite good though.

Fortunatly they are opening a ST lounge there and it looks very nice.

Agree with another poster that ATL B10 needs to be on the list of shame. I don't even go in there.
Old May 13, 16, 7:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
I have never flown KE, but I hear their service and product is Top-Notch. So why is their lounge just absolutely horrible and low-budget???
1) KE's service and product in J actually isn't that good. Indeed, much of it seems an exercise in cost cutting and the products can be very dated. The staff tries hard and are young (if that is your thing), but they aren't terribly good at their jobs.

2) KE lounges are terrible at the other airports I've been to, and it ain't just a LAX thing. Their aversion to getting water service right is actually kind of funny.
Old May 13, 16, 7:46 am

Programs: DM/2MM
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy View Post
AF lounge in DXB. Tiny, nasty bathrooms, internet never works, girl at the desk has the personality of a rock (she must work all the time, she has been there every time in 20+ visits). I do have to say the food is quite good though.

Fortunatly they are opening a ST lounge there and it looks very nice.

Agree with another poster that ATL B10 needs to be on the list of shame. I don't even go in there.
The AF DXB lounge was fairly bad. And the shower was an "experience". I think that the lounge is closed; I believe that AF switched terminals, but I have not been there since.

The old GRU lounge was truly the worst. The one DL uses now is better.
Old May 13, 16, 8:13 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Generic hand soap?
Oh! The humanity!
Old May 13, 16, 9:57 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, UX Suma Gold, Marriott Bonvoy™️ Gold, Hilton Gold, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
I actually really like KE onboard and the lounge service in ICN is incredible... but man, the outstation lounges are sad. HKG is another example of one that might as well be a hospital waiting room.

The saddest SkyTeam lounge of them all though for me is the AF/KL lounge in Bremen, Germany. There are a few bowls of nuts and cookies, basic beverages, and about ten chairs in a claustrophobic closet you access with a key code given to you at the checkin desk. It isn't even behind security. We lasted two minutes in there before leaving. To be fair, the terminal was no better - the best space in the entire airport complex is the McDonald's across the street!
Old May 13, 16, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold, BONVOY TIT
The AF lounge at ORD T5... tiny, cramped, and very basic food.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: