Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Marketed and Ticketed Flight, Operated by Westjet, LAX-YYC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Marketed and Ticketed Flight, Operated by Westjet, LAX-YYC

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2016, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

FWIW, either itinerary is one-stop, so that shouldn't be an obstacle.

I've had lots of SDC headaches recently also. I'm largely giving up on that feature, but I thought it might make good sense on this itinerary.

Between the SDC ambiguity and the econ+ free upgrades going away, I'm really starting to resent Delta.
Old May 15, 2016, 9:04 pm

Checked Bag Fee

Tagging onto this thread with a checked bag fee question.

I'm a FO and will be taking WestJet for the first time next month. Wondering if anyone has experience on a Delta ticketed, WestJet operated flight in regards to having to pay for a checked bag or not.

Thanks for the info!
SoroSuub1 likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:32 am

sorry for bringing this back from the dead, but how does one get the WestJet boarding pass on a Delta ticketed flight? I have a similar LAX -> YEG flight coming up that I bought through Delta and I have TSA Pre, but I want to make sure I get the TSA Pre on my boarding pass when I depart from LAX... anyone know how I should do this? Do I get a Delta or WJ boarding pass? And how do I get that boarding pass?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Will the WS flight be the flight you checkin at? Or is there flights before and you're connecting onto WS?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Will the WS flight be the flight you checkin at? Or is there flights before and you're connecting onto WS?
The WS flight will be the lone, single leg non/stop, flight
Old Sep 26, 2018, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pookguy88
The WS flight will be the lone, single leg non/stop, flight
Then you checkin with WS. Give them your KTN snd you should get Precheck
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: DL DM
Hijacking this thread a bit as I may need to use 24-hour cancellation policy and would appreciate advice. I am on a DL ticketed JFK-LAX-YVR, with the LAX-YVR operated by WS. This was booked a while ago to position for an Asia flight the next day; I'm going to cancel the Asia trip, but I still need the transcon miles (and my RUC cleared on D1). Inbound from LAX arrives 15:05. I just booked a new return ticket, same day on the 16:15 departure on WS (likely the same plane) back to LAX (then on to JFK). Will I be able to make that turn-around? What are the steps upon arrival, can I divert to transfers or will I need to clear Canadian customs then go back through US pre-clearance? No Nexus/GE, DL DM (STE+), traveling on US Passport.

If it is tight but doable, I may try to SDC to the JFK-SEA-YVR with D1, which arrives 14:15 and would give a full 120 minutes.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 7:36 pm

I frequent the LAX-YVR leg for business on a Delta ticketed WS flight. Upon arrival into YVR you'll take a closed path that goes straight to Canadian customs. There is no transfer short cut that I know of and have always cleared Canadian customs. After clearing you will go upstairs to the ticketing floor and enter security and clear US customs. After reviewing WS1697 arrival history on flightaware I personally think it's too tight of a turnaround to clear for WS1698 especially without Nexus.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by ht2791
I frequent the LAX-YVR leg for business on a Delta ticketed WS flight. Upon arrival into YVR you'll take a closed path that goes straight to Canadian customs. There is no transfer short cut that I know of and have always cleared Canadian customs. After clearing you will go upstairs to the ticketing floor and enter security and clear US customs. After reviewing WS1697 arrival history on flightaware I personally think it's too tight of a turnaround to clear for WS1698 especially without Nexus.
Thanks ht2791, your reply was very helpful. I just called the DM desk and they were able to manually price the later outbound on WS1702 for a few dollars more. That will take the pressure off the connection.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

No need to clear Canadian immigration and customs at YVR. There is a path that allows international arrivals to skip CBSA and go straight to US preclearance. Note this is unique to YVR. At YYZ you would need to clear CBSA AND US CBP.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 12:03 am

I stand corrected- thanks. I've never seen this path but I also haven't been in a situation requiring it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.