Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta's proposed 20-year ATL airport lease includes construction of Concourse G

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta's proposed 20-year ATL airport lease includes construction of Concourse G

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2019, 10:01 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by sleuth

So just tear down Hapeville, Delta HQ, the Delta RES center, Delta Credit Union, part of College Park, all of Virginia Ave, North/South central Avenue, Wells Fargo Operation Center, and a very large and old cemetery?

I mean, the dead people probably don’t care, but everyone else....?
Just build around the cemetery like SAV (I am kidding about ATL doing it, but its real in SAV)
Old Aug 22, 2019, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Just build around the cemetery like SAV (I am kidding about ATL doing it, but its real in SAV)
Or right off the approach/departure threshold. Always eerie when you are piloting a plane and literally are landing feet above headstones.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Yes, bulldoze the whole place except for the Dwarf House.
Pilots can get drive-thru for passengers on delayed flights. In all seriousness though, the airport would have to destroy an entire city. Hapeville isn’t exactly the hood anymore. People with money have moved in and transformed it into a nice place to live. The wealthy in Buckhead may not like having to send their kids to a “lesser” school when the 118 year old Woodward Academy is bulldozed.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:43 pm

Pilots can get drive-thru for passengers on delayed flights. In all seriousness though, the airport would have to destroy an entire city. Hapeville isn’t exactly the hood anymore. People with money have moved in and transformed it into a nice place to live. The wealthy in Buckhead may not like having to send their kids to a “lesser” school when the 118 year old Woodward Academy is bulldozed.
which is why building another runway by 10/28 is the obvious solution.

So just tear down Hapeville, Delta HQ, the Delta RES center, Delta Credit Union, part of College Park, all of Virginia Ave, North/South central Avenue, Wells Fargo Operation Center, and a very large and old cemetery?

I mean, the dead people probably don’t care, but everyone else....?
uh.....yep!. The spaced out north runway would do just that. what's your point?
Old Aug 22, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
I am not sure who is joking and who is serious.

There is a plan for a 6th runway just north of the 5th runway which is south of the airport. I am skeptical that will happen, but if it does it does not impact the areas discussed.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by vincentharris
They could never move the cemeteries that surround ORD to expand the airport because the city of Chicago would never stand for the uprooting and pissing off of so many faithful and loyal voters.
exwannabe and vincentharris like this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
uh.....yep!. The spaced out north runway would do just that. what's your point?
Take the passive-aggression elsewhere.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 5:33 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR

They could never move the cemeteries that surround ORD to expand the airport because the city of Chicago would never stand for the uprooting and pissing off of so many faithful and loyal voters.
Took me a second but I got the joke!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.