Best SkyClub in ATL?

Reply

Old Feb 13, 17, 9:55 am
  #31  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: CHA, MAN;
Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; HH Diam,Hz PC,
Posts: 11,022
Originally Posted by WWads View Post
Hard to peg down, so I'll order as so:

Best bar and views: B
Best food: E
SkyDeck?: F
Least busy: T
Small but classy: C37
Average SC: A17 and A center
Cave-like: D27
Basically a closet, avoid: D12
I totally agree with this assessment
GRALISTAIR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 17, 5:35 pm
  #32  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,079
I like the new B bar. That guy looks completely bummed, though
flyerslc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 17, 5:36 pm
  #33  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, etc etc etc
Posts: 2,184
T because it is almost always empty, has the same food/booze as EVERY other club, and is new enough looking not to feel like its run down.

I really like the new B but every time I go it feels overcrowded.
vincentharris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 17, 7:08 pm
  #34  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Posts: 1,294
I was just in the new B SkyClub Sunday for the first time. They did a great job. I love the high ceiling.

Here are my votes:
Most elbow room: B
Food: E
Showers: F
Quiet: T

I'm normally heading back to DCA which is always out of T so most of my time I spent in T.

I like the SkyDeck, but I find the bar area cramped in F.
DCAproducer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 17, 7:16 pm
  #35  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: DFW
Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Plat
Posts: 6,695
I miss the old BE SkyClub in E, even after it was converted to a normal SkyClub. The other club in E was always packed, but few people seemed to know if you passed that club, there was another, quieter club just down the hall. Now it's one big ol' club.

That being said, T is my favorite now, followed by F.
james318 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 17, 7:37 pm
  #36  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orlando, FL Area
Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbant, SPG Gold
Posts: 23,233
I like the C club. Usually very friendly agents and I like the interior. It's just very different than the other clubs. Does anyone have any photos of what it looked like when it was the Eastern Airlines Ionosphere Club?
readywhenyouare is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 17, 9:22 pm
  #37  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ATL
Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 2,038
B is new and nice. Domestically many would say current best.
dinanm3atl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 17, 1:56 am
  #38  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Programs: DL DM 2million AA EXP, SPG Platinum SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diam
Posts: 61
Originally Posted by GagaPilot View Post
Will be passing through ATL on Sunday and have a massive 4 hr 38 min layover to kill. Have only been to the SkyClub in NRT once, and never really bothered with it on domestic trips. Myself and 2 companions each hold DL Amex cards, so might purchase a couple of single visit passes. I'm open to traveling to any concourse, but from the looks of past flights will most likely be arriving in D and departing out of A. Thanks!
The new Club on the B Concourse at B18 is even nicer than the F and E clubs although there is no skydeck or showers. You could shower at E or F and then check out the B club. Spending four hours in one club would be boring. Make it a club crawl.
salsa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 17, 5:25 am
  #39  
Moderator, Alaska Airlines & FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SGF
Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR (ex-75K, GLD, 1K, and S+), Choice Diamond, HZ PC, Costco Exec, NPS Passport
Posts: 22,879
Originally Posted by DCAproducer View Post
I was just in the new B SkyClub Sunday for the first time. They did a great job. I love the high ceiling.

Here are my votes:
Most elbow room: B
Food: E
Showers: F
Quiet: T

I'm normally heading back to DCA which is always out of T so most of my time I spent in T.

I like the SkyDeck, but I find the bar area cramped in F.
Based on my morning visit to B last week and my current visit to E this morning, I would disagree. B's buffet is significantly better than the meager offerings they have out at E right now.

Hands down B has the best food. I should have gone straight there. (C was a complete bust--almost no food to speak of.)
jackal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 17, 6:28 am
  #40  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ATL
Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 2,038
B and F are my favorites.
dinanm3atl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 17, 12:13 pm
  #41  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 383
T F

Originally Posted by GagaPilot View Post
Will be passing through ATL on Sunday and have a massive 4 hr 38 min layover to kill. Have only been to the SkyClub in NRT once, and never really bothered with it on domestic trips. Myself and 2 companions each hold DL Amex cards, so might purchase a couple of single visit passes. I'm open to traveling to any concourse, but from the looks of past flights will most likely be arriving in D and departing out of A. Thanks!
Best is TF.
FlyingWithers is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 17, 2:37 pm
  #42  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: HEF
Programs: Delta PM/2.8 MM; Hertz PC; Amtrak Guest Rewards; Marriott Rewards Silver
Posts: 4,081
I love the Sky Deck at the F club.

I happen to like the D12 club (the former Continental President's Club); it is small, but rarely has more than 10-15 people in it, and also has a very friendly staff.

I share DCAProducer's view on the T club; rarely crowded and friendly DL staff.
ND76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 17, 6:13 pm
  #43  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SNA
Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Posts: 8,737
Do all the Sky Clubs in ATL have Dom and Krug on offer for points? Sorry if this should be obvious but I'm only an occasional DL flyer and the menus on delta.com didn't show Dom or Krug for any of the clubs so wasn't sure if its only certain clubs that have that. I have a 3 hour layover on a SEA-ATL-IAD flight, in booking I decided to take a long layover in ATL as that itn had the D1 seats on the 767 on the SEA-ATL leg so now I have time to kill and pesos to spend and figured a nice bottle of Krug would be about the most sensible way to kill some time at the club.
ryan182 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 17, 9:07 pm
  #44  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: LIT
Programs: Blinged Out
Posts: 495
Originally Posted by ryan182 View Post
Do all the Sky Clubs in ATL have Dom and Krug on offer for points? Sorry if this should be obvious but I'm only an occasional DL flyer and the menus on delta.com didn't show Dom or Krug for any of the clubs so wasn't sure if its only certain clubs that have that. I have a 3 hour layover on a SEA-ATL-IAD flight, in booking I decided to take a long layover in ATL as that itn had the D1 seats on the 767 on the SEA-ATL leg so now I have time to kill and pesos to spend and figured a nice bottle of Krug would be about the most sensible way to kill some time at the club.
F has the good stuff on tap for sure. Not sure about the others.

As far as ranking the SkyClubs:

F: Skydeck, great food, and showers
E: Quiet room, great food, and showers
C: Best looking/classiest domestic concourse club
T: Quietest very good Ambassadors there
B: Best domestic food
A: Slightly below B
D: Dungeon way below A
D: Closet even worse than the dungeon
SeaHawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 17, 9:15 pm
  #45  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SNA
Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Posts: 8,737
Originally Posted by SeaHawg View Post
F has the good stuff on tap for sure. Not sure about the others.

As far as ranking the SkyClubs:

F: Skydeck, great food, and showers
E: Quiet room, great food, and showers
C: Best looking/classiest domestic concourse club
T: Quietest very good Ambassadors there
B: Best domestic food
A: Slightly below B
D: Dungeon way below A
D: Closet even worse than the dungeon
Thanks much for the info and the rankings!! I will head to the F club and enjoy a nice bottle of champers on the Skydeck!
ryan182 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread