Wiki Posts
Search

Best SkyClub in ATL?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2016, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Best SkyClub in ATL?

Will be passing through ATL on Sunday and have a massive 4 hr 38 min layover to kill. Have only been to the SkyClub in NRT once, and never really bothered with it on domestic trips. Myself and 2 companions each hold DL Amex cards, so might purchase a couple of single visit passes. I'm open to traveling to any concourse, but from the looks of past flights will most likely be arriving in D and departing out of A. Thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2016, 8:47 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
The F SkyClub has the outside Sky Deck, and a variety of seating options. It has the normal SkyClub food, and also has other food for purchase. Out the windows you can see a planes from a wide variety of International airlines including some planes like the A380 you rarely see at most domestic airports. It also has showers if you're so inclined.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 8:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I agree with the suggestion to go to the F SC. If it seems crowded, try going way back beyond the bar area or alternatively upstairs (no elevator). However, my favorite indoor area is to the right as you enter.

In addition, I've always liked A Centerpoint (even though it was showing its age), but it's closed on weekends. I liked the comfy more traditional living room furniture as well as the agents there.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
The E and F clubs should have enhanced hot food items like chicken, rice, meatballs, pasta, BBQ, etc.

The F Sky Club is probably the best. It has an outdoor Sky Deck with chairs and bar-type seating areas. With a layover that long, you can comfortably visit any of the Sky Clubs.

You can find reviews of all the ATL DL clubs here:
http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/...-renes-points/
Renes Points likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 9:00 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by WWads
The E and F clubs should have enhanced hot food items like chicken, rice, meatballs, pasta, BBQ, etc.

The F Sky Club is probably the best. It has an outdoor Sky Deck with chairs and bar-type seating areas. With a layover that long, you can comfortably visit any of the Sky Clubs.

You can find reviews of all the ATL DL clubs here:
http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/...-renes-points/
Note the difference between a SC single admission and a day pass. Sometimes they're priced the same and in other cases the day pass costs about twice as much.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Thanks to all! Will most likely checkout the SkyClub in F, as I'd planned to take one of my companions over to F as she has not seen it since it opened. I'll also have an International Flight in May so will probably use it again then too.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 11:34 pm

Programs: DL DM MM; Hilton Diamond; Hertz 5*
Best SkyClub in ATL?

The showers in the F club are pretty nice. Depending on your timing and route that can be a great way to refresh and pass the time.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

In addition, I've always liked A Centerpoint (even though it was showing its age), but it's closed on weekends. I liked the comfy more traditional living room furniture as well as the agents there.
+100 ^

It still looks like a Crown Room
Old Mar 26, 2016, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Thanks to all! Will most likely checkout the SkyClub in F, as I'd planned to take one of my companions over to F as she has not seen it since it opened. I'll also have an International Flight in May so will probably use it again then too.
The Club at ATL (NOT a SC but it is in PP) is also nice, although obviously they can't help in DL IROPs.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 7:49 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Im a big fan of the one in E. Not sure if its the case, but it feels way bigger than F. I never have a problem finding a place to settle in. F is nice too, but E feels more spacious. Only draw back to E is that it is a bit of a hike from the center of the concourse and is kind of out of the way. At least I think so.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 12:21 am

Programs: Former NW PE, now DL DM
In general, try to avoid the one at B-10, it is way too small! After that, the best Club is probably the one closest to your arrival or departure gate. Unless you are really into making a Grand Tour of ATL
Old Mar 27, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Back in December, when DL-brand AMEX had the "2 free top shelf" deal, I toured about 4 SC's before becoming worried I might not find my gate through the haze. (they didn't track your imbibing electronically, so 2/SC) And I have to say, all the SC's start to look better after several 23 year old Zapaca rum doubles.

To stay OT, I vote for F.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Only just seen this but add my vote for F
Old Mar 27, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
F has the feel of "I'm going to Europe"

E has the feel of "I'm going to Hawaii, SFO, South America, Caribbean"

IMO

Of course this is completely illogical
Old Jun 17, 2016, 5:59 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Has anyone been in the ATL F Sky Club recently? I am curious if they still have the expanded food options like JFK T4 during lunch time? such as hot chicken, vegetables, pasta etc.

I was in LAX Sky Club last week during mid day travel and was sorely disappointed. LAX had hot soup (poblano cheddar=yum!) but no other hot food items. They had a selection of cucumber/cheese sandwiches and that was about it it. UGH.

I have 3.5 hour layover tomorrow in ATL and curious what to expect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.