Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by GeezerCouple
Thanks.
Next time, we'll look more carefully.
We are all set now, including for the return.

Cheers!

GC
Great news!

When you drive into your reservation via My Trips you can scroll down and choose "Special Meals" where you're given several choices via the drop-down menu.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 3:19 pm

Received the email to pre-order this Thurs ALT-PHX. Choices:
GRILLED SALMON AND BARLEY SALAD with roasted tomatoes, asparagus, Kalamata olives and feta cheese
ASIAN GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST with vegetable medley over quinoa
Old Jul 15, 2019, 10:00 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
LAS-MSP got a choice of chicken or chicken.
LEMONGRASS CHICKEN
served over red curry coconut rice
GRILLED CHICKEN AND FARRO SALAD
kale, walnuts, dried cherries, dressed with olive oil, honey and lemon
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by puddinhead
LAS-MSP got a choice of chicken or chicken.
To be fair, I think DL would say they offered pax a choice between a hot entree or a salad.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:32 am

These were the choices for PHX-ATL yesterday AM.

CREOLE OMELET
with Swiss cheese, chicken chorizo, creole seasoning, red-skinned potatoes and harvest apple chicken sausage

STEEL-CUT OATMEAL AND QUINOA
with peaches, pineapple, apples, almonds, & cranberries
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dcadwell
These were the choices for PHX-ATL yesterday AM.

CREOLE OMELET
with Swiss cheese, chicken chorizo, creole seasoning, red-skinned potatoes and harvest apple chicken sausage

I have to say, love the oatmeal. Much better than the small serving of cereal you used to get.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
I have to say, love the oatmeal. Much better than the small serving of cereal you used to get.
Agree. Though, I did go with the omelet on this one. Wasn't too bad, but not a fan of the apple chicken sausage.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:31 am

Breakfast choice for LAX -> MSP for DL1335 on 07/27/2019:

CREOLE OMELET

Old Jul 22, 2019, 2:05 pm

07/25/2019 Lunch selection on flight DL511 from MSP -> IAD:

CHILLED LEMONGRASS CHICKEN
with pad Thai rice noodle salad

HOT SMOKED TURKEY SANDWICH
with Fontina cheese on a flaky pretzel croissant
Old Jul 22, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check
Originally Posted by Kate66
07/25/2019 Lunch selection on flight DL511 from MSP -> IAD:

CHILLED LEMONGRASS CHICKEN
with pad Thai rice noodle salad

HOT SMOKED TURKEY SANDWICH
with Fontina cheese on a flaky pretzel croissant
Those are the exact same choices on my MSP-ATL flight tomorrow
Old Jul 22, 2019, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
ATL-PHX dinner flight and I got the choice of sesame salmon something or stuffed chicken breast.

I think I'll just eat at the airport instead.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 9:39 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
JFK-SDQ

Spinach Egg Bake
Served with seasoned potatoes and Italian chicken sausage

Old Jul 23, 2019, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by gooselee
ATL-PHX dinner flight and I got the choice of sesame salmon something or stuffed chicken breast.

I think I'll just eat at the airport instead.
Last time I had the Stuffed Chicken Breast, it was actually tasty... It may surprise you!

Originally Posted by SDQBound
JFK-SDQ

Spinach Egg Bake
Served with seasoned potatoes and Italian chicken sausage

Ooh! I wish that I was getting the Spinach Egg Bake. If it's what I'm thinking of, I love that thing!
Old Jul 23, 2019, 10:26 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kate66

Ooh! I wish that I was getting the Spinach Egg Bake. If it's what I'm thinking of, I love that thing!
I tried it in the same route and was not very impressed. Always prefer my oatmeal and quinoa, never goes wrong!
Old Jul 23, 2019, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by SDQBound
I tried it in the same route and was not very impressed. Always prefer my oatmeal and quinoa, never goes wrong!
Mine wasn't that route, I was LAX -> SEA... But what I'm talking about was pretty much a breakfast quiche.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.