Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2020, 5:32 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Back in late October I was in PS from MSP-ICN and did not receive a pre-select email for PS like I do for F or D1 flights. (It appeared no other PS passengers had been offered pre-select either). Not sure if this new app update provides the ability to PS passengers or not. It would be a nice touch! For now I think it’s just F or D1.
Curious if there have been any changes to pre-select for PS.

Interestingly, VS is now using the old email-the-link-72-hours-in-advance mechanism, and through that offers both W and J pre-selection (but only on VS ticketed itineraries).
Old Feb 28, 2020, 7:25 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
PDX - MSP choices: Vegetarian Lasagna or Chicken Nicoise Salad. Yuk! At least I know to eat before boarding.
Have those options for my flight this afternoon. Giving the lasagna a shot.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 12:35 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Is pre-select meals still happening for flights with meal service (I.e. Delta One MSP-HNL)? I’m at 21 days out from departure and haven’t seen anything.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
Is pre-select meals still happening for flights with meal service (I.e. Delta One MSP-HNL)? I’m at 21 days out from departure and haven’t seen anything.
The last update from the Delta News Hub on the subject (albeit it’s from last March) states the program is suspended across all flights. Ironically if they were really worried about “reducing contact” due to COVID as they state they are, they would still have the program in place to limit interactions and contact.

https://news.delta.com/delta-respond...oard-and-clubs
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 1:01 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
The last update from the Delta News Hub on the subject (albeit it’s from last March) states the program is suspended across all flights. Ironically if they were really worried about “reducing contact” due to COVID as they state they are, they would still have the program in place to limit interactions and contact.

https://news.delta.com/delta-respond...oard-and-clubs
Yeah, it would seem pre-select would be a great way to limit interactions. Bummer.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 3:26 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, United Gold, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone know how this is playing out with Covid? Trying to select for a trip in T-17 days...
Old Jun 6, 2021, 3:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by goyankees32790
Does anyone know how this is playing out with Covid? Trying to select for a trip in T-17 days...
No pre-ordering meals right now. I flew ATL-HNL in D1 a few weeks ago during COVID and this was not a option in either direction.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Given 95% of flights don't actually have any food, there's not really much to pre-order.

What route are you flying?
Old Jun 6, 2021, 8:07 pm

Programs: Delta DM (no bag tags), United Silver, Spirit - one and done, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, Avis- owes me one
Hmmm, should I get Market or Bistro...
Old Jun 6, 2021, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
You do realize there's no meals on any domestic flights currently. D1/select transcon are supposed to get them later this month.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 8:30 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, United Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cmd320
Given 95% of flights don't actually have any food, there's not really much to pre-order.

What route are you flying?
ATH-JFK
Old Jun 6, 2021, 8:42 pm

You would think DL would re-enable this quickly to reduce interaction time between FA's and passengers.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
You would think DL would re-enable this quickly to reduce interaction time between FA's and passengers.
Agreed. Make it mandatory. You don't choose? You get the fish!
Old Jun 6, 2021, 9:45 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Let's see if I get to do this on my D1 JFK-LAX flight June 21....
Old Jun 6, 2021, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
ATH-JFK
Well, at least you should get something to eat. As for pre-order, it’s unlikely it will be back by the time you fly. Why did they get rid of it you may ask? Fabulous question.

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Agreed. Make it mandatory. You don't choose? You get the fish!
Sounds like an excellent plan. I’ll have the lasagna.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.