Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by rjack22
I'm at 21 days out and got the option to pre-select my meal. I am flying DTW to Lax and then LAX to HNL. I only got the option to select meals for the segment from DTW to LAX. Nothing for the LAX to HNL.

Where do I find this?
Are you at 21 days out for the second flight as well?
Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL PM
If you are exactly 21 days out, you may need to wait until the departure time for it to show up. If that doesn’t work I’d recommend tweeting delta or chatting in the app for them to make a selection for you.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:42 pm

Yes, its the same day.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 5:18 pm

Programs: Delta DM 3+MM
mine was on the first screen selection, scroll down and the tab "next flight" was there. Touching that, the next flight came up.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ElliottMB
If you are exactly 21 days out, you may need to wait until the departure time for it to show up. If that doesn’t work I’d recommend tweeting delta or chatting in the app for them to make a selection for you.
If you can't select on the app, wait for the email at about T-70. You can select and re-select until T-24, and doing it from the email link generates an email confirmation as proof of your order. OTOH, to change your mind you must call DL, versus being able to make the change yourself if you've ordered on the app.

If all else fails, call DL between T-72 and T-24 and tell the phone agent your choice. Some don't know how yet, but they are able to see the exact description of the dish and read it to you rather than just saying chicken or chicken salad.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
I flew from PHX-SEA r/t during the holidays. My first flight's meal choice came up exactly at T-21 days. However, the selection for the second flight didn't appear until T-14 days. I was worried at first, but it eventually came up. As the previous poster said, you can always call if it doesn't appear by T-72 hours.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:01 pm

It did finally come up this morning, one day later. Seems odd to me you don't get them both at the same time. I was disappointed though. Only two options. Chicken or fish. Since neither my husband or myself eat fish or seafood there was no choice for us. Oh well.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 4:44 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
PDX - MSP choices: Vegetarian Lasagna or Chicken Nicoise Salad. Yuk! At least I know to eat before boarding.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:01 am

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred, Delta Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Avis PP

Choices for today's 5pm MCI-BOS flight on an E175. I picked the Taco Salad hoping the cheese is plated on the side, since I'm not a big cheese fan in general. We'll see!
Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:04 am

Upcoming ATL-SEA, options are Stuffed Chicken Breast with mushrooms, served with roasted fingerling potatoes and broccoli OR Grilled Salmon with Thai Ginger Sauce over basmati rice, green beans and shiitake mushrooms.

As someone who despises mushrooms it's rather disappointing both meals feature them.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by JTE458
Upcoming ATL-SEA, options are Stuffed Chicken Breast with mushrooms, served with roasted fingerling potatoes and broccoli OR Grilled Salmon with Thai Ginger Sauce over basmati rice, green beans and shiitake mushrooms.

As someone who despises mushrooms it's rather disappointing both meals feature them.
I feel your pain on the fungus!!
MSPeconomist and JTE458 like this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kstateinALB
I picked the Taco Salad hoping the cheese is plated on the side, since I'm not a big cheese fan in general. We'll see!
There's a reasonable chance the meal is loaded with the cheese on the side, with the FA expected to put it on top before serving. So definitely ask the FA when s/he comes through taking orders and they can probably leave it off.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 10:31 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by kstateinALB
Choices for today's 5pm MCI-BOS flight on an E175. I picked the Taco Salad hoping the cheese is plated on the side, since I'm not a big cheese fan in general. We'll see!
I had the exact same two choices SJC-SEA a few days ago. If it's not on the side, at least there wasn't much of it:

It was extremely bland and forgettable though, so for me personally I'd go with the turkey wrap next time.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:27 am

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred, Delta Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Avis PP
Originally Posted by ijgordon
There's a reasonable chance the meal is loaded with the cheese on the side, with the FA expected to put it on top before serving. So definitely ask the FA when s/he comes through taking orders and they can probably leave it off.
Yeah, I asked the FA when he came around to confirm my preorder and asked when we wanted to eat during the flight. I asked and he actually pulled out the tray since he wasn't sure. Looked exactly like the tray above. I ended up passing on the meal option and picked up a couple snacks from the snack basket.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 12:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I've managed to avoid both the cheese and the black beans in that meal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.