Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Flight Diverts to Salt Lake City Due to “Unruly Crew”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Flight Diverts to Salt Lake City Due to “Unruly Crew”

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2016, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Devalued Diamond, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by jadenus
If it had been Southwest, they would have already have scheduled stops in SLC, Boise, Trenton, and Rancho Cucamonga.

LOL
Old Jan 26, 2016, 11:07 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Male or female? Of course violence is not the answer, but a good catfight pretty much beats the usual IFE....
Or at least slaps it silly
Old Jan 27, 2016, 5:38 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
It is a new DL entertainment enhancement:

"Catfight at 30K"

Soon you will be able to bet on the winner during OLCI. Winner for each flight gets a frozen Luvo wrap.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 7:19 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jadenus
If it had been Southwest, they would have already have scheduled stops in SLC, Boise, Trenton, and Rancho Cucamonga.
One of my fav quick Southwest stories . . . .

YEARS ago, before SW flew to PIT, I used to drive to CLE to get cheap tix to go to Chicago. This is a PA announcement I overheard at a nearby gate . . . .

GA: Welcome to SW flight 1234 to St Louis, Kansas City, Omaha, Phoenix, and . . . . well, if you're going farther, you hava loooooooooong day ahead of you!!!

Old Jan 27, 2016, 9:19 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
This story has so few details, it's hard to make heads or tails of.

I really can't see two (or more) FA's getting into a fight and completely neglecting their duties long enough for a pilot to divert a flight. That likely means they were "fighting" for an extended period... I'm surprised there's no video of this if it was indeed a fight. Would be great to get the whole story...

There's a lot of chatter about this on message boards. I saw one that said it was because one FA showed up at the last minute dressed in street clothes and changed on the plane (also find this hard to believe, but whatever) and it angered one or more of their co-workers and one slapped the other. Even if that happened, it would likely have been before the flight left the gate...
Old Jan 27, 2016, 6:46 pm

Programs: None that I am proud of anymore
OK - Where is that "Paul Harvey" fellow when we need the scoop !

I can see it now - Cockpit door opens and pilot tells the dueling F/As to
go to neutral cross check corners - and when the F/A call chimes sound -
go at it tooth and nail - using the passengers is not permitted and will
result in penalty time to be accessed also using inflated life vest to ward
off blows will result in disqualification. First F/A to handcuff (seat belt) the
other to any beverage cart will be declared the winner. 15 rounds or
until flight diversion or final destination is reached.
Pilot goes back into the Cockpit - door closes and latched/locked - fade to
black - and the result is we are left in the dark - - -

OK Paul tell us what happened !

Should be some new employment opportunities for Delta Airlines F/As

I have the answer - this just in - had something to do with the return of
the "X-FILES" unexplained paranormal alien F/A activity - they weren't
who we thought they were - just the usual droids we were looking for -
staging a "B" grade Hollywood movie "Airplane-Airport 2016" !

And none of the actors was called 'Shirley' !
Old Jan 30, 2016, 1:54 pm
Suspended

DL don't be corrupt: Ban 2 of your FA for fighting

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/delta-f...183738109.html

The skies weren’t so friendly on a recent Delta Air Lines flight. After two female flight attendants got into a fist fight on flight 2598 traveling from Los Angeles to Minneapolis, the captain decided to make an unscheduled landing in Salt Lake City.

According to the Aviation Herald, the flight attendants had a disagreement over work issues on the Jan. 22 flight. A third woman on the plane tried to break up the fight and was also hit by the brawling flight attendants. At that point, the captain made the decision to land the Boeing 757. The plane was flying just south of Salt Lake City wh
The two FA disobeyed the orders of a crew member (captain) and continued to fist fight. Therefore, they should be jailed and banned from Delta for life.

A few years ago, Bryan Sisco was banned for much less. See http://news.travel.aol.com/2011/05/2...on-over-bizar/ He and another passenger, Danielle Valimont, were just jiving each other. She falsely claimed she was an ESPN reporter. He falsely claimed he was a secret agent. She told the crew that he was carrying sleep gas. That got him banned for life. Danielle Valimont didn't not get banned even though she was lying, too.

Justice for all. Ban those two Delta FA's. They could have caused the plane to crash.

Last edited by RSSrsvp; Feb 1, 2016 at 6:13 am Reason: merged into the original thread on this subject
Old Jan 30, 2016, 1:56 pm

I doubt Delta would divulge their consequences. How do you know they haven't already been fired? Delta FAs aren't unionized...

I don't think fighting in the cabin ever caused a plane crash. The pilots aren't fighting.

Is this a troll?
Old Jan 30, 2016, 2:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Widgets
I doubt Delta would divulge their consequences. How do you know they haven't already been fired? Delta FAs aren't unionized...

I don't think fighting in the cabin ever caused a plane crash. The pilots aren't fighting.

Is this a troll?
Not a troll but a call for equal justice.

Fighting never caused a plane crash? How about United 93 on September 11th?
Old Jan 30, 2016, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by standard

I said fighting in the cabin.

And that wasn't a "fight." That was a premeditated terrorist attack with weapons.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by standard

The fighting was in the cockpit then, not the cabin. (Crash in PA) The others crashed by the plane being directed by the pilot into a building.

Sadly, can still remember the chills when I received the order to land from ATC. I was flying self from Grand Forks to MSP's FCM airport. Took off minutes before the ground stop and being such a nice day no need to talk with ATC till approaching MSP area.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
In Before the Lock.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 2:58 pm

Programs: Airline free agent; Starwood Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
Having worked at Delta, I am 100% certain they have already been suspended without pay pending the investigation and will be fired without question.

But aren't you a little dramatic? How, exactly, could they cause the plane to crash?
Old Jan 30, 2016, 5:21 pm
Suspended

How so "corrupt"? Anyone embezzled money?
Old Jan 30, 2016, 7:10 pm

Programs: Delta DDM 720, SPG Unobtainium, CC Adamantium, can I keep bragging now?
Sometimes I wish FT had ratings so we can downvote this crap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.