Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Deadline approaching for selecting old DM/PM choice benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LoganFlyer
Select your PM/DM choice benefits here:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/skymiles/medallion-program/choice-benefits/choice-benefits.html
Print Wikipost

Deadline approaching for selecting old DM/PM choice benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For posterity: there's a report in the other thread of the deadline having been midnight in the Central time zone. Not ATL, not SLC where many DM agents are based, but MSP time when the elite is based in Mountain time.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Bumping thread since we're approaching the end of the 2018 elite year on January 31st. Anyone with 2018 choice benefits need to make the selection before midnight January 31st, or lose them. Figure since it's the holiday and people are off that now is time to set reminders or make selections. Don't select Skyclub membership or gift elite status as 2108 choice benefits, as both will expire on Jan 31, 2019, making it pointless to select. GUC/RUC OTOH expire one year from date of selection.

This is only for 2018 choice benefits. 2019 choice benefits (the ones we earn based on flying this year) don't need to be selected till Jan 31, 2020.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Delete
Old Dec 29, 2018, 8:23 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Can you pick 2 of your 3 choices, and save one for later?

So I want to get 2 of my 25k miles choices, but save the GUC for later picking (to extend the expiration date). Can you just select 2 of the 3??
Old Dec 29, 2018, 8:42 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
you can pick the platinum choice and diamond choices at different times, but you have to use all three diamond choices at the same time.
indufan likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 8:45 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by pvn
you can pick the platinum choice and diamond choices at different times, but you have to use all three diamond choices at the same time.
That's no longer true -- you can select the DM choices one at a time, e.g. I've only selected 2 of my 3 benefits for 2019:

​​​​​
Old Dec 29, 2018, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Does this apply to the 2018 choice benefits or just those for the 2019 program year (earned during 2018)?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 9:23 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does this apply to the 2018 choice benefits or just those for the 2019 program year (earned during 2018)?
The selection page says "Diamond Medallion Members have the flexibility to select their Choice Benefits at different times as of February 1, 2017" so it seems like it should apply to 2018 benefits as well.

I had forgotten that it happened that early (and obv also do not recall whether I selected my 2018 benefits all at once or individually), but the press release copied here (post 72) agrees:

2018 Medallion Choice Benefits program to expand per Medallion Line
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Once they activated the ability you could do it for any year that was selectable. (Which included a month or so of the previous elite year)
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 10:13 am
Original Poster

I guess this shows that I haven't done my 2018 selections yet for choice benefits earned during 2017.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: Delta DM 3+MM
There probably are easier ways, but I go to delta.com and type in choice benefits in the search area. Once in that site click on the select your benefits button and you will be prompted to log in. Once logged in, your benefits for each year and your balances will show.

As an example, mine show that I have not selected my one 2018 platinum benefit and that I have till Jan 31, 2019 to do so; and also that I have selected only one of my three 2018 diamond benefits and have till Jan 31, 2019 to make those selections.

Then it also lists the same for 2019 benefits with Jan 31, 2020 as deadline.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 10:23 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
wow, interesting. I made my 2018 selections a couple of months ago and it seemed like it was still the old system but I wasn't paying super-close attention.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Can we assume that they system is coded so that one cannot, for example, select GUCs (only) and then come back months later and select GUCs again? When you were forced to pick all of the DM choices at once, it was more obvious and of course you remembered your other selections for the same status tier and program year.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM 3+MM
Can we assume that they system is coded so that one cannot, for example, select GUCs (only) and then come back months later and select GUCs again? When you were forced to pick all of the DM choices at once, it was more obvious and of course you remembered your other selections for the same status tier and program year.
the list is there with your selections and what is left to be selected. No ability to double dip. Would be nice.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lking
the list is there with your selections and what is left to be selected. No ability to double dip. Would be nice.
You can double dip on most sekections. However not for GUC/RUC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.