Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Inaugural A350-900 flight from USA fails - Delta mentioned

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inaugural A350-900 flight from USA fails - Delta mentioned

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
There are crashes of both Boeing and Airbus that were due to over-reliance of automation. From what I understand AF 447 could have been prevented if the pilots knew how to get out of that situation and OZ 214 was a series of errors that led to a tragedy. The most impressive thing about OZ 214 was that only three people died. That speaks to how well these modern planes are built.

I like a Boeing better than an Airbus. But, I think that's because the DL Airbus narrowbody interiors are just nasty and the barking dog sound is a bit annoying.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 8:31 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
I know the story, but first, lets not act like Boeing and LM are not too big to fail. Both are key .mil suppliers, they aren't going anywhere. (and it looks like Boeing is going to end up being able to buy NG on top of it)

The first Boeing jet, the 707 was totally designed and paid for with company RD money. They did receive a small grant to remove the fuel tanks from the KC135 to make room for the seats. Accounting is a wonderful thing.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 8:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by avcritic
Are you suggesting RA buying Airbus even after Boeing offered similar price they are offering to ME3?

Why would RA complain about USEXIM/Boeings Buy 7 Get 1 Free offer to ME3.

It is up to Boeing to create level playing field for US carriers in terms of aircraft purchases.

USEXIM may have created an unfair advantage to ME3, but there are always other ways Boeing can match that offer to US3. Barring that US3 are free to buy any manufacturer.
Why is the level playing field Boeing's responsibility? Boeing should maximize profits or more accurately shareholder value.

In many industries, it's common to negotiate prices (and other aspects of the purchase contract), with the result that not all buyers or sellers are treated the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.