Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL's Updated Food Options in FC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2015, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I'm not sure what the omelette is like today. I was speaking prior to 2008. A few months ago I had a scrambled egg dish on MCO-LAX that was pretty good.
Yep, that omelette... inedible.

Apparently you and i have entirely different tastebuds because in all my years of travel I have never had an egg dish on Delta I could eat!
Old Dec 8, 2015, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter
Yep, that omelette... inedible.

Apparently you and i have entirely different tastebuds because in all my years of travel I have never had an egg dish on Delta I could eat!
This is what I have always thought. Finally went with the cold cereal over the warm/egg dish, and was satisfied.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I wish they would offer a non-egg hot dish sometimes, like oatmeal, french toast, etc, and a non-cereal cold option, like bagel & smoked salmon.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I wish they would offer a non-egg hot dish sometimes, like oatmeal, french toast, etc, and a non-cereal cold option, like bagel & smoked salmon.
Yes. In fact, your post reminds me of flying Braniff at breakfast time and getting a Belgian waffle with a half peach on top, probably with some ham or bacon on the side, in coach. That would be a nice themed breakfast offering for some Atlanta based airline to try sometime. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Airtran is going to do this.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Yes. In fact, your post reminds me of flying Braniff at breakfast time and getting a Belgian waffle with a half peach on top, probably with some ham or bacon on the side, in coach. That would be a nice themed breakfast offering for some Atlanta based airline to try sometime. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Airtran is going to do this.
I miss AirTran. I never flew with them but they were the only real competition in Atlanta. MCO-ATL prices have dramatically increased since AirTran ended service. The only winner in the WN/FL merger was Delta. They got a fleet of 717's and ATL handed to them on a silver platter. WN has all but abandoned ATL compared to the operation AirTran had.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:59 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
^^ I hate eggs, so it's nice to have something other than eggs.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
My last couple ATL-LGA flights, warm oatmeal alongside a bagel & salmon was one of the choices. One of my favorite in-flight breakfasts.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I'm not sure what the omelette is like today. I was speaking prior to 2008....
Any eggs around since 2008 are probably not so good.......
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Any eggs around since 2008 are probably not so good.......
In Asia, they could be a special delicacy.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:10 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Gold
Last Tuesday SFO-MSP for lunch has the enchiladas which were quite good. Served with a good slice of pumpkin pie ;-)
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by jmertic
Last Tuesday SFO-MSP for lunch has the enchiladas which were quite good. Served with a good slice of pumpkin pie ;-)
No thanks for either. What was the other lunch choice?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
No thanks for either. What was the other lunch choice?
Salad of some sort, looked pretty good actually.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:16 am

Good, I'm relieved that there seems to be something beyond the snack basket that I'm willing to eat.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:24 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
It's should be an Asian beef salad. It's really tasty.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
It's should be an Asian beef salad. It's really tasty.
Oh I hope not. Asian salad probably means MSG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.