FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   DL's Updated Food Options in FC (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1728414-dls-updated-food-options-fc.html)

UVAhoo06 Dec 1, 2015 7:54 pm

DL's Updated Food Options in FC

Hi all,

I read in a press release somewhere that DL was upping its game in terms of food options and quality of food in FC. Has anyone seen a difference in the food? I ask because I was recently on a trip across the country and the options were veggie lasagna or beef short rib, which I've had before. It didn't seem like anything had changed. Have the new offerings simply not been rolled out yet?

andydrix Dec 1, 2015 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by UVAhoo06 (Post 25798760)
Hi all,

I read in a press release somewhere that DL was upping its game in terms of food options and quality of food in FC. Has anyone seen a difference in the food? I ask because I was recently on a trip across the country and the options were veggie lasagna or beef short rib, which I've had before. It didn't seem like anything had changed. Have the new offerings simply not been rolled out yet?

Haven't noticed anything yet, though the short rib is still my top choice.

Eddie98 Dec 2, 2015 10:45 am

I don't fly FC much but got an upgrade yesterday and got a nice steak.

MSPeconomist Dec 2, 2015 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Eddie98 (Post 25801939)
I don't fly FC much but got an upgrade yesterday and got a nice steak.

What route? I assume this was dinner and not lunch (or breakfast), right?

airindia787 Dec 2, 2015 11:48 am

I was upgraded on LGA-ATL the other day and had a hot Mexican style steak and rice. I don't know whether this was part of the new meal options as I rarely get upgraded on meal flights, but I was surprised to get something hot as I thought those flights were catered with cold meals.

DCAproducer Dec 2, 2015 12:01 pm

OP do you have a link to the press release you're referring to?
If you're referring to the one about the new plates/china in first I don't remember it talking about food options.

I'd be curious if DL is making some changes. I've thought the meals this year have actually been pretty good. The hot oatmeal with fruit for breakfast has been a nice change from the Cheerios.

airindia787 Dec 2, 2015 12:06 pm

Here you are:

http://news.delta.com/delta-serving-...rst-class-fare

rylan Dec 2, 2015 12:20 pm

I have to say, the tpac D1 meals were quite good and presented very well.

Haven't had a domestic flight with a meal since Oct and next one is early Jan so I'd be interested how things are changing.

WatchTimes Dec 2, 2015 1:41 pm

When I flew FC about 2 weeks ago we had a lunch flight where there was some chicken salad (not the milanese) and then the return flight was breakfast where one option was cherrios and despite getting the other choice I do not remember what it was....

Food is better than it was several years ago but still does not compare to some of the foreign carriers.

inthecloud Dec 2, 2015 2:23 pm

Flew the 747 MSP-ATL on Sunday and had an Asian chicken salad. I hadn't had it before so I assumed it was new, but it could just be that I hadn't been served it before. Service was the same, the cookie was the same. I've had a LOT of the Mediterranean orzo or barley/quinoa salad with the chicken breast on the side, so this was a welcomed change. Came with a multitude of seasonings- Sriracha, soy, sesame oil, lime wedges. The optional corn chowder appetizer was good too. No breadsticks.

New? Or just new to me?

indufan Dec 2, 2015 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by andydrix (Post 25798889)
Haven't noticed anything yet, though the short rib is still my top choice.

I would be content with the short rib on every meal. :)

Eddie98 Dec 2, 2015 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 25802075)
What route? I assume this was dinner and not lunch (or breakfast), right?

The route was GUA-ATL. Steak, mashed potatoes, salad, bread and dessert. flight took off at 2:45pm so I don't know if it was lunch or dinner.

ssullivan Dec 2, 2015 5:41 pm

The press release mentions the new meals are for flights in the 900-1,499 mile range. It hints that changes for other flights are coming as well, but for now, that segment is the focus.

MSPeconomist Dec 2, 2015 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Eddie98 (Post 25803825)
The route was GUA-ATL. Steak, mashed potatoes, salad, bread and dessert. flight took off at 2:45pm so I don't know if it was lunch or dinner.

That's international even though it's not D1, so it might have always had a special menu.

Crazyhotelguy Dec 2, 2015 7:51 pm

I seem to be seeing a lot of salmon options I'm domestic F. Hot salmon, salmon salad, etc.... Had a chicken with Ramey the other day for lunch.