Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta building 2nd SkyClub in SEA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.950MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Thumbs up Delta building 2nd SkyClub in SEA

Didn't see a thread on this, apologies if it has already been posted:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/delta-...193800832.html

21K square feet, between concourses A and B.

David
Old Nov 17, 2015, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Why not use the one they closed several years ago? It was really nice. Much better than all the cheap white plastic that their current club at SEA.

Old Nov 17, 2015, 2:15 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
About Time!

Article says "late 2016". The problem with the existing S terminal Skyclub is that it's too far with the underground tube from the A and B gates where all of Delta's short-haul flights depart.

It the mean time, I think Diamonds have access to the Amex lounges at end of A and B concourses. I haven't tried that option yet.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.950MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Bowgie
It the mean time, I think Diamonds have access to the Amex lounges at end of A and B concourses. I haven't tried that option yet.
I don't know that Diamonds have access to the Centurion Studio, but it is not much of a lounge. It is small and way below the standard of the other Centurion lounges.

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Why not use the one they closed several years ago? It was really nice. Much better than all the cheap white plastic that their current club at SEA.
I think that location has been taken over by "The Club", but in any case that location is all the way at the end of concourse A and not convenient to concourse B and even to the low numbered gates in A.

David
Old Nov 17, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by DiverDave
I don't know that Diamonds have access to the Centurion Studio, but it is not much of a lounge. It is small and way below the standard of the other Centurion lounges.
Diamonds do not have access to the Centurion Studio. You have to have a Platinum or Centurion card (regular or business).

http://thecenturionlounge.com/info/access#right-tab

For those who do have an Eligible Amex card be advised the Centurion Studio has stricter guest access (only 1 guest) vs the larger Centurion lounges (i.e. LAS). I learned this when I tried to enter with my mom and my husband and we were turned away. One can't even purchase a day pass at a "studio" sized club. It is quite nice and the food options are much higher quality than in the SkyClub IMO.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by Bowgie
Article says "late 2016". The problem with the existing S terminal Skyclub is that it's too far with the underground tube from the A and B gates where all of Delta's short-haul flights depart.

The SkyClub is right next to the escalators for the train, which takes you to the escalators that come up by A4 or B11. What's your worst case scenario? 8, maybe 10 minutes?

Seems like having more room is the much bigger value here...
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Hopefully the shower facilities will be better than the ones in the S club. Never cared for those.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:10 am

Reason to fly Alaska Airlines and to, as a result, enjoy Alaska Airlines "Board Rooms."
Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: Delta DDM 720, SPG Unobtainium, CC Adamantium, can I keep bragging now?
Originally Posted by DiverDave
I actually like the Centurion Studio. It is small, usually quiet, always very clean, and the staff are friendly. Maybe not as good as the other studios, but a much quieter and calmer alternative to the SkyClub at S.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 1:59 pm

Programs: Delta Silver
They still haven't built their first one in DEN.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by JeffCO
Which baffles me! Space is there...isn't it?
Old Nov 18, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by BeantownDisneyFan
Reason to fly Alaska Airlines and to, as a result, enjoy Alaska Airlines "Board Rooms."
Access to "Board Room" ends 12/31/2015.

I've been told that the shower rooms will be more, and will no longer be enclosed within the bathroom.

The current lounge in S concourse is 7000 square foot. The new lounge will be three times that at 21,000 square foot and be amongst the top five largest.

Jiburi

PS-So I believe this will be the 6th location within SeaTac with Crown Room/World Club/Sky Club. Three are within S concourse (One in middle of S concourse-no window, One by S9, and current upper S concourse), and one at B concourse (now occupied by Amex), one at A concourse (now occupied by "The Club"), and then the new 6th location atop A and B concourse.

Last edited by jiburi; Nov 18, 2015 at 6:46 pm
Old Nov 18, 2015, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JeffCO
The DEN club fell victim to the great Crown Room Club Massacre of 2008.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/trave...-lounges_N.htm

David
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cmd320
Hopefully the shower facilities will be better than the ones in the S club. Never cared for those.
I'm confident they will be. If I recall correctly, the showers in SEA weren't even originally slated to be built as the club was designed before the hub strategy rolled out. They were added as an afterthought, which is why they are in what would ordinarily be an ADA stall's footprint in the restrooms. Building a new club in A with the new international arrivals facility in mind, I would expect there will be at least 2 and possibly more independent shower suites in the new club.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
That club is now a common access lounge shared by multiple carriers. It's also hampered by a very inconvenient location for Delta's operations in SEA, all the way down at the wrong end of A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.