Wiki Posts
Search

757 config for SLC/DCA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2015, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
757 config for SLC/DCA

We have a r/t from SLC to DCA both directions on the 757 with only overhead projection. Somewhere it seems I heard that on these longer jumps DL makes accommodation on the wifi and "Delta Theater". If this
is the case does it only apply to 1st Class (we'll be in prem econ and assume this will be the same as coach). Not sure why they use this config on such a
long flight, but got this same config on a r/t from SLC to PHX a week ago. It was bad enough for that flight, but the wifi didn't even work. Yikes! An experience on this would be appreciated. Delta has had these configurations for years now and it seems they keep saying they are going to delete from the fleet so don't want to go through expense of upgrading... maybe I've just lost my perspective over the years and need to just realize this is life???

Just found answer to my own question on Delta's website.... prem economy (first class) gets free access to a good deal of programing thru GOGO Delta offerings.

Last edited by cruise2006; Sep 21, 2015 at 7:09 pm Reason: found answer
Old Sep 21, 2015, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
The oldest 757s are indeed departing the fleet. The rest are being refurbed.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ng-thread.html
Old Sep 21, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
Will depend on when your flight is. If in the next 1-3 months, I'd say the current seat-map config is probably accurate. If further than that, could still definitely change. Doesn't seem like the longest 757 flights are always seeing the upgrade. I've tried to book ATL-MCO flights that have the upgrade but ATL-west coast flights that don't.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cruise2006
We have a r/t from SLC to DCA both directions on the 757 with only overhead projection. Somewhere it seems I heard that on these longer jumps DL makes accommodation on the wifi and "Delta Theater". If this
is the case does it only apply to 1st Class (we'll be in prem econ and assume this will be the same as coach). Not sure why they use this config on such a
long flight, but got this same config on a r/t from SLC to PHX a week ago. It was bad enough for that flight, but the wifi didn't even work. Yikes! An experience on this would be appreciated. Delta has had these configurations for years now and it seems they keep saying they are going to delete from the fleet so don't want to go through expense of upgrading... maybe I've just lost my perspective over the years and need to just realize this is life???

Just found answer to my own question on Delta's website.... prem economy (first class) gets free access to a good deal of programing thru GOGO Delta offerings.
1)There's no such thing as Prem. Economy on DL, not on domestic and not on international flights. They have Comfort+ which is a economy seat with a little extra leg room, but otherwise the same coach seat as the rest of the plane.

2)All flights that have Wifi, have Delta Studio loaded on board. You don't have to use the Wifi, since the movies are loaded on the plane, but must use a laptop/tablet to access. Comfort+ and First Class/Delta One passengers get all choices for free. Economy passengers get numerous selections free, but pay for others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.