Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATL International

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2015, 9:16 am
Original Poster

ATL International

I can't find an Airport forum, so hopefully this is the right place t oget an answer to my question.

Flying into ATL from SRQ, and then changing to an International flight.

Do we have to retrieve our luggage and go through Security again, or is there a way to get us & our bags to the International Terminal staying on the secure side?

We have 3 hours to make the connection - I'm pretty sure that'll be enough.

Thank you.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All terminals are connected airside and your luggage will be transferred for you. Domestic to International connections are generally very little different from domestic to domestic connections. It is the return that generally requires more time (customs, luggage collection, bag drop and security re-clear).
Old Aug 15, 2015, 10:03 am
Formerly known as jbalis

Programs: Delta Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Executive, MGM Noir,
ummm yes normally unless you are flying Southwest and then connecting to Delta. If you are staying on the same carrier or partner airline this yes your bags will go all the way, if not you might have to get them and heck back in.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LBJ
All terminals are connected airside and your luggage will be transferred for you. Domestic to International connections are generally very little different from domestic to domestic connections. It is the return that generally requires more time (customs, luggage collection, bag drop and security re-clear).
Thanks - makes life easier. FLying Delta both trips.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 11:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by VegasJosh
ummm yes normally unless you are flying Southwest and then connecting to Delta. If you are staying on the same carrier or partner airline this yes your bags will go all the way, if not you might have to get them and heck back in.
It doesn't need to be a partner, just airlines that interline ticketed on the same PNR/ticket. With separate tickets, YMMV.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 11:56 am
Formerly known as jbalis

Programs: Delta Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Executive, MGM Noir,
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It doesn't need to be a partner, just airlines that interline ticketed on the same PNR/ticket. With separate tickets, YMMV.
+1

that was a lot easier way of saying what I was getting at

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.