Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award partners vanished

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by RealHJ
That is DL "rewarding" you for your loyalty (in a sadistic and masochistic sort of way, that truly defines Delta and how it views and treats its pax).
So the next question is: if ATH-AMS-ATL is showing KLM @ 30k but AMS-ATL only is showing DL @ 60k, will I have luck calling? I'm not ready to call yet, but am trying to figure out my strategy going forward. Has anyone gotten them to book such on phone?
Old Aug 25, 2015, 8:02 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
BOD = Bordeaux France. AF domestic flights are coach only.
True - that was a bad example.

Originally Posted by mattp1987
Right, I was simply pointing out what seems to be a difference between bookings on partners and DL. As far as I can tell, you can't mix economy space on a two-cabin DL flight with business class space on DL or partner flights without ending up with end-on-end pricing. However, in the example I showed, flights on KLM in business and economy (both two-cabin aircraft) on the same award do not cause additive pricing like they would on DL flights (if you could even get such an award to book).
Thanks for finding another example and glad the mixed cabin option is available still!
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:21 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by TTT
Thanks for finding another example and glad the mixed cabin option is available still!
Just like the stopover was near the end of last year. The question is for how much longer? (Given Dullta's past track record of a major devaluation released live too early, then backtracked, but then put out live after all.)
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:37 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Same here. I've never seen a second seat become available. And DL agents are forbidden from long selling it (as I suspect this is a blockage and limitation on DL side, but KE availability is there past just 1 seat).
Oddly, right now AS.com and AF.com won't even show those single JFK-ICN KE award seats that DL.com does show, so there doesn't seem to be any easy way of checking to see if the blocking of award space is outbound by KE or inbound by DL.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by bgriff
Oddly, right now AS.com and AF.com won't even show those single JFK-ICN KE award seats that DL.com does show, so there doesn't seem to be any easy way of checking to see if the blocking of award space is outbound by KE or inbound by DL.
Agreed. Also AF had the same issue as DL and only had KE flights ever available Mon-Thu, but never any KE flights Fri, Sat, Sun for the last month+. Now just in the last few days now KE flights are available again Fri-Sun again. So, it may very well be KE only releasing 1 O and 2 X seats SkyTeam wide, and (earlier, but not anymore at this time at least) only doing so Mon-Thu, while Fri-Sun inventory released is absolute zero.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.