No more AF, KL, VS, etc.
As of this afternoon.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
No more AF, KL, VS, etc.
As of this afternoon.
Probably a glitch, but then again, it is Delta, so you never know what the next "enhancement" will be.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 6:25 pm
tmf

Programs: DL PM | Kimpton IC | IHG RA | HH Diamond
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed. I priced IND-AMS-KBP-CDG-BOS-IND yesterday and today couldn't find the route on SkyPesos anywhere.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 6:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Update: One-way partner awards have vanished. Some roundtrip awards still there.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
This must be a computer issue. This would pretty much be the end of Sky Team and that seems too far fetched, even for Delta.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Has to be a glitch of some sort. Makes for some interesting results though. Searching CDG-AMS 5 weeks flexible search brings up no results. AMS-BKK results in routings like AMS-DTW-NRT-BKK on all DL metal.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 7:00 pm

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Interesting. DTW-CDG one-way shows 41 results, all DL; RT gives only 31 results, including AF, VS, and KL. So fewer DL options when including OA?
Old Aug 12, 2015, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, AS MVPG, Hyatt DIA, PC PLAT, Club Carl Gold, HH Gold, Accor Dia
Anyone call yet to see if space is still bookable, but just not showing online? Booked partner one-way yesterday so I know this is a change that was made in last like 8-12 hrs.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 8:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I posted about this at 3:45 today in DL/VS and DL bug threads. Was in full blown panic mode not seeing any VS flights. Once I realized that it was ALL partners, I did calm down. And yes, RT and multi city are bookable w/ partners. But you can't use flex dates with those. Expedia still shows one-ways on partners and even has them double listed as DLs. But, of course, I don't want to book on expedia. If this is permanent, DL will lose whatever shred of credibility they have left.

AND b/c DL itself does not fly to GLA or EDI, no one can book a one-way trip to Scotland. Surely this is a computer glitch. Surely.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Aug 12, 2015 at 8:24 pm
Old Aug 12, 2015, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, AS MVPG, Hyatt DIA, PC PLAT, Club Carl Gold, HH Gold, Accor Dia
Just called in and PM agent saw all the same VS space that I see on the VS site. Example was a o/w request LHR-JFK that shows like 4 options on VS site, but doesn't show any on the DL website.

So good news is they are still there, but just have to call. For those searching you can always use EF for AZ,AF,KL and VS site for their own inventory.

Seems to be just a glitch.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I posted about this at 3:45 today in DL/VS and DL bug threads. Was in full blown panic mode not seeing any VS flights. Once I realized that it was ALL partners, I did calm down. And yes, RT and multi city are bookable w/ partners. But you can't use flex dates with those. Expedia still shows one-ways on partners and even has them double listed as DLs. But, of course, I don't want to book on expedia. If this is permanent, DL will lose whatever shred of credibility they have left.

AND b/c DL itself does not fly to GLA or EDI, no one can book a one-way trip to Scotland. Surely this is a computer glitch. Surely.
So this means paid flights are affected as well if you're talking about Expedia? I didn't even think to check that. That makes me even more certain that it's just a glitch. When I thought it was just for awards I wasn't willing to completely rule out the idea of it being intentional.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL
This is not something new folks, but don't stress - they'll likely be back again tomorrow.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 10:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mattp1987
So this means paid flights are affected as well if you're talking about Expedia? I didn't even think to check that. That makes me even more certain that it's just a glitch. When I thought it was just for awards I wasn't willing to completely rule out the idea of it being intentional.
Oh, yes. Paid flights, too. The "glitch" (I hope) involves one-way partner flights only (whether paid or award). A good test case is Fri/Sat MCO-GLA nonstop one way b/c only VS does that route.

I sent a tweet to DeltaAssist and got this: "We'll be sure to forward the details. Thanks for letting us know."

Of course, not helpful, but at least I didn't get "Yes, our new policy is no partner flights on one-way tickets." Oy.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 11:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, DL SkyClub, DL AmEx Plat, SPG +, Hilton Silver, Hertz, Thrifty BlueChip, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
This must be a computer issue. This would pretty much be the end of Sky Team and that seems too far fetched, even for Delta.
I wish I agreed with you. I suspect this is a glitch, but probably some code that slipped out early. Call me a conspiracy theorist...or see all the moves they've made lately. Either way, someone coded something in the computer to make this happen.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 1:35 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Perhaps DL will get rid of one-way-for-half-the-roundtrip-mileage-price awards on (most/all of) its partner airlines as a residual option and do so after SkyMiles moves further toward the SkyPenny (or sub-SkyPenny) standard for DL award ticket redemptions? That or some other kind of change to partner award travel pricing wouldn't surprise me with DL, as DL has had to consider how to do deal with redeeming SkyMiles on partner airlines when the DL program has more thoroughly migrated toward the SkyPenny/Sub-SkyPenny program.

Has anyone tried to book one-way partner awards over the phone with DL in recent hours and managed to get them ticketed as well? What kind of routing, and how did it price out over the phone?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.