Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta now offering 42k coach RT & 106k biz Europe SkyMiles awards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2015, 5:46 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
Just Booked NYC to CDG Biz class over Valentines Day weekend

I just booked a long weekend over Valentines day 2016.

2 years ago I caught the mistake fare on 12/26 and booked 2 RT to Hawaii for 120 each.

I'm crushing it on Valentines day. Allows me get away with my mileage run to HKG and MNL with my global upgrades by myself!
Old Aug 10, 2015, 8:57 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Is this only for November and December?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Thanked Rene on twitter for this one - booked EWR to AMS in DeltaOne roundtrip for 87,000 skymiles in December. Great deal, especially after getting 60k in the last Delta Amex deal.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 9:11 pm

Programs: DL GM
Wow, is this an enhancement with the classic meaning? I almost forgot how it feels!..

...But seriously, Delta, where's the catch? There's gotta be some catch, I don't believe in candy without some crap announced. Sorry, that's what you taught us.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 9:35 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Thanks for the heads up. Just booked a trip to BRU in January for 87,000 in J ATL-BRU nonstop. Then checked the weather averages....
Temperature
3°C 37°F
Low Temperature
1°C 34°F
High Temperature
5°C 41°F
Sunshine Hours
5 hrs
Chance of Sunny Day
9 %
Rainfall
70mm
Rainfall days
20 days
Chance of Rain
59 %
Chance of Cloudy Day
35 %

Will be quite the shock the week after STT.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card

Wait, so the sky isn't falling after all?

Or is this the part where people holding existing 125k RT business tickets start complaining that DL ripped them off by dropping prices after the fact? :P
Old Aug 10, 2015, 9:38 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by naranjero
Wow, is this an enhancement with the classic meaning? I almost forgot how it feels!..

...But seriously, Delta, where's the catch? There's gotta be some catch, I don't believe in candy without some crap announced. Sorry, that's what you taught us.
The catch is you never know what the award prices will be anymore. So you have to play the game like revenue fares now.

As a PLT or DM, if you've got a lot in the bank, this is pretty good because we can always cancel. But for people trying to save up miles for a certain trip, it will be maddening....

Anyway, FT is perfect for this so it should drive a lot more DL forum traffic.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
Is this only for November and December?
It seems to start some time in November last through February, at least for the markets I searched. This seems very similar to US Airways' former off peak pricing.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 12:40 am

I saw 43.5k biz class DTW-LHR and 50k biz class SEA-LHR in Nov. So there is a slightly lower award.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 2:48 am

This sale is now open to everyone. I can see the prices without logging in, and I am not a Medallion or cardholder. Yesterday, I could not see prices below 30k/62.5k.

From some digging, it looks like awards with partner flights are now 30k/62.5k. I couldn't recreate 21k/43.5k awards with partner flights mentioned in this thread, nor could I find any other 21k/43.5k awards on partners.

It looks like the sale runs from October 20 - February 29, or at least those are the earliest and latest dates I found.

It looks like starting the award in the Eastern, Central, or Alaska time zones results in 21k/43.5k awards. Starting in the Mountain, Western, or Hawaii time zones, the discounted awards are 24k/50k.

Not all Delta flights/routes can be booked for the discounted prices. For instance, JFK-MAD, ATL-MAD, JFK-FCO, JFK-NCE, and JFK-BCN are 30k/62.5k even from October 20 - February 29. I note that the excluded destinations tend to be further south and warmer than the included destinations. This thread does a good job mentioning some routes with discounted space. A search will quickly reveal if your route of interest has discounted award space.

Are there any other "rules" to the sale that people notice?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by milevalue
This sale is now open to everyone. I can see the prices without logging in, and I am not a Medallion or cardholder. Yesterday, I could not see prices below 30k/62.5k.

From some digging, it looks like awards with partner flights are now 30k/62.5k. I couldn't recreate 21k/43.5k awards with partner flights mentioned in this thread, nor could I find any other 21k/43.5k awards on partners.

It looks like the sale runs from October 20 - February 29, or at least those are the earliest and latest dates I found.

It looks like starting the award in the Eastern, Central, or Alaska time zones results in 21k/43.5k awards. Starting in the Mountain, Western, or Hawaii time zones, the discounted awards are 24k/50k.

Not all Delta flights/routes can be booked for the discounted prices. For instance, JFK-MAD, ATL-MAD, JFK-FCO, JFK-NCE, and JFK-BCN are 30k/62.5k even from October 20 - February 29. I note that the excluded destinations tend to be further south and warmer than the included destinations. This thread does a good job mentioning some routes with discounted space. A search will quickly reveal if your route of interest has discounted award space.

Are there any other "rules" to the sale that people notice?
I wonder if this is in response to the New York Times article in an effort to quell some of the growing concern.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 6:32 am

Programs: DM/3MM
I am seeing NYC-MUC in J in the second half of Feb for 106k, but only for Tues and Wed departures. 125k on most other days, but some of the flights have sub-optimal returns, e.g. 1 hour connection in FCO or connect in SVO. But on the outbound all partners are showing available.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 6:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
how dare Delta do this! People might actually get the wrong impression of skymiles!
Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I just booked DCA-LHR for 12/2-8 for 87,000. I think I grabbed the last super sale seat because everything in that time frame is now showing at 106.000.
And outbound I have to fly to MSP for the transAtl with the return via ATL.
Still a great deal. Cheapest cash price in the time frame is $4997.
Thanks for the headsup.
tom
Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:26 am

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
If a r/t is 106k, I would assume that means that 1 direction is at the sale price, while the other is normally priced, as 106k is the average of 125k and 87k.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.