Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta now offering 42k coach RT & 106k biz Europe SkyMiles awards

Delta now offering 42k coach RT & 106k biz Europe SkyMiles awards

Old Aug 10, 15, 1:08 pm
  #1  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Look up - On a ✈ DELTA ✈ jet NOW!
Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Posts: 4,178
Delta now offering 42k coach RT & 106k biz Europe SkyMiles awards (or lower)!

Delta now offering 42k coach RT & 106k biz SkyMiles awards - Impressive!

EDIT: Delta has CONFIRMED this as a fare sale open to Medallions and DL AMEX holders for one extra day!




Last edited by Renes Points; Aug 10, 15 at 8:06 pm
Renes Points is offline  
Old Aug 10, 15, 1:10 pm
  #2  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 87,032
The business class flights aren't nonstop and, in fact, use KLM in one TATL direction.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Aug 10, 15, 1:11 pm
  #3  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Look up - On a ✈ DELTA ✈ jet NOW!
Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Posts: 4,178
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
The business class flights aren't nonstop and, in fact, use KLM in one TATL direction.
What part of lower than 60k coach RT and 125k biz RT did you miss

This is LOWER than old LEVEL 1 prices ^
Renes Points is offline  
Old Aug 10, 15, 1:14 pm
  #4  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 87,032
Originally Posted by Delta Points View Post
What part of lower than 60k coach RT and 125k biz RT did you miss

This is LOWER than old LEVEL 1 prices ^
True, but without checking flight numbers for the particular routing and aircraft types, I would assume that it's an undesirable itinerary. KLM WBC is generally less comfortable than BE/D1. Let's not forget that a low TATL BE RT was 100,000 miles not so long ago.

To repeat, this itinerary connects in both directions, using KLM on the segment where one most wants to sleep. The return takes thirteen hors when a nonstop flight should be about eight hours.

I have no interest in a longhaul coach award ticket whether it's 60,000 miles or 42,000 miles RT.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Aug 10, 15, 1:15 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York, NY
Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Posts: 1,772
Seeing better prices than that. 11/17-11/23 on a JFK-LHR search brought up 87k + taxes as the price for biz. JFK-DTW-LHR there, LHR-JFK direct on DL 1 or DL 2 back. Limited availability, but it's there.
steveholt is online now  
Old Aug 10, 15, 1:17 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: SAN
Programs: DL MM, AA PP, AS MVP
Posts: 2,577
And your point is? It's still less than the 125K that is supposedly the minimum for a RT NA/Europe in J.

I suspect this is dynamic pricing matching the low Thanksgiving business class fare sales. For a $1500 round trip, 100K is not a good deal.
Erasmus is offline  
Old Aug 10, 15, 1:19 pm
  #7  
TTT
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: 45 North
Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Posts: 9,702
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
The business class flights aren't nonstop and, in fact, use KLM in one TATL direction.
That is actually much more surprising as with the 10,000 (or less) domestic itineraries partners (AS) were not included. In other words AS flights would be listed as 12,500 whereas DL may be offering 7,500.
TTT is offline  
Old Aug 10, 15, 1:20 pm
  #8  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 87,032
Originally Posted by TTT View Post
That is actually much more surprising as with the 10,000 (or less) domestic itineraries partners (AS) were not included. In other words AS flights would be listed as 12,500 whereas DL may be offering 7,500.
KLM and DL have a JV. AS and DL do not.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Aug 10, 15, 1:24 pm
  #9  
TTT
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: 45 North
Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Posts: 9,702
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
KLM and DL have a JV. AS and DL do not.
That's true - do you know how mileage "payments" work in the context of the JV vs with carriers where a JV does not exist?
TTT is offline  
Old Aug 10, 15, 1:28 pm
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Programs: American Airlines AAdvantage, Rapids Reward
Posts: 34,238
Delta now offering 42k coach RT & 106k biz Europe SkyMiles awards

Do you think I can get award travels tickets? Can I fly in the Business Class to BSL? I am going to BSL in January 2016.
N830MH is offline  
Old Aug 10, 15, 1:35 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SAT
Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 3,046
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
The business class flights aren't nonstop and, in fact, use KLM in one TATL direction.
The TATL flights are VS and DL. This itinerary is ATL-LHR on VS, LHR-AMS on KL on the outbound and then AMS-DTW-ATL on all DL metal on the return. I'd say the fact that the lower prices are being offered on both partners and DL is actually a good thing on the whole.
mattp1987 is offline  
Old Aug 10, 15, 1:36 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York, NY
Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Posts: 1,772
For reference:
steveholt is online now  
Old Aug 10, 15, 1:59 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,562
I just booked two mixed-cabin, RT TATL award tickets for travel in early February, for 87,000 miles each. The exact routing is GSP/DTW/LHR/DTW/GSP. The DTW/LHR/DTW segments are confirmed in D1, while the legs out of and into GSP are on a CRJ, with no FC cabin.
SCEflyer is offline  
Old Aug 10, 15, 2:03 pm
  #14  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 87,032
Originally Posted by steveholt View Post
For reference:
Very nice.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Aug 10, 15, 2:04 pm
  #15  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 87,032
Originally Posted by mattp1987 View Post
The TATL flights are VS and DL. This itinerary is ATL-LHR on VS, LHR-AMS on KL on the outbound and then AMS-DTW-ATL on all DL metal on the return. I'd say the fact that the lower prices are being offered on both partners and DL is actually a good thing on the whole.
You're right. I saw the KLM flight number and forgot that VS serves ATL.
MSPeconomist is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: