Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta now offering 42k coach RT & 106k biz Europe SkyMiles awards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta now offering 42k coach RT & 106k biz Europe SkyMiles awards

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2015, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Credit where credit's due: it's hard to find fault with this one. This is the first evidence that there might be an upside to the new SkyMiles pricing scheme for those of us with flexibility. ^

Has anyone managed to dig up one of these fares on Asia flights? I checked the usual suspects for low availability (LAX-HND, SEA-PEK/PVG/ICN, PDX-NRT) and didn't see any changes to the usual pricing on those routes... guessing this is confined to Europe for now.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mattp1987
The TATL flights are VS and DL. This itinerary is ATL-LHR on VS, LHR-AMS on KL on the outbound and then AMS-DTW-ATL on all DL metal on the return. I'd say the fact that the lower prices are being offered on both partners and DL is actually a good thing on the whole.
Yes, absolutely. I'd worried that partner flights would only price at a higher tier starting next year, so this is fabulous news for those of us who like to use miles to more exotic locales.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
True, but without checking flight numbers for the particular routing and aircraft types, I would assume that it's an undesirable itinerary. KLM WBC is generally less comfortable than BE/D1. Let's not forget that a low TATL BE RT was 100,000 miles not so long ago.

To repeat, this itinerary connects in both directions, using KLM on the segment where one most wants to sleep. The return takes thirteen hors when a nonstop flight should be about eight hours.

I have no interest in a longhaul coach award ticket whether it's 60,000 miles or 42,000 miles RT.
Jeeze......rough day, MSP? Glass half-empty.

When I saw the initial post I thought "there is no way even the most negative could spin this". I guess I was wrong. Good job, DL (and Deltapoints for finding)
Old Aug 10, 2015, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Perhaps this is Medallion status based? I don't see the lower prices while not logged in.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by javabytes
Perhaps this is Medallion status based? I don't see the lower prices while not logged in.
I noticed the same thing. That also seems to be the consensus in the comments section of Rene's linked blog post.

If it's any use to anyone, I'm seeing very good availability on the DTW-LHR non-stop for 87k biz awards this winter.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 1:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I noticed the same thing. That also seems to be the consensus in the comments section of Rene's linked blog post.

If it's any use to anyone, I'm seeing very good availability on the DTW-LHR non-stop for 87k biz awards this winter.
Yep and maybe for those with NO status but have Delta AMEX. Need more data!

This would be amazing if they returned to rewarding elites and DL AX holder again like last year. :-:^

Originally Posted by bubbashow
Jeeze......rough day, MSP? Glass half-empty.

When I saw the initial post I thought "there is no way even the most negative could spin this". I guess I was wrong. Good job, DL (and Deltapoints for finding)
ROAR. +100
Old Aug 10, 2015, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
No-status Amex holder does seem to get the lower rates.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 2:25 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
While these are nice finds...lets be honest, this increase in dynamic pricing volatility (for partner flights!) can not possibly bode well for our future folks.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I have no interest in a longhaul coach award ticket whether it's 60,000 miles or 42,000 miles RT.
And your point is?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
is it gone? Is it only certain city pairs? I can't find anything for less than 130k coach.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 4:09 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat., SPG Plat.
I am only finding these lower mileage rates for LHR and AMS, anyone else find other cities in Europe?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 4:15 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by pgh234
While these are nice finds...lets be honest, this increase in dynamic pricing volatility (for partner flights!) can not possibly bode well for our future folks.
It is unclear.

It will almost certainly make searching for awards more challenging, but very possibly better pricing for those who will spend the time to search. And conversely, worse pricing for the casually buyer.

May have to re-up with KVS.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by WesTraveller
I am only finding these lower mileage rates for LHR and AMS, anyone else find other cities in Europe?
Actually, it is the outbound city that is really killing me.
I can get ATL-AMS for 51k, but add in PBI-ATL it bumps it up to 120k.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by WesTraveller
Saw some CDG availability earlier.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
JFK-BRU as Belgian weather turns miserable.

JFK-ZRH, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.