Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Million Miler Gift: Advice?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2015, 6:38 pm

Location: Just relocated to Phoenix, so I guess that does it for Delta for me
Programs: DL "Annual" GM 2MM, AA lifetime Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Club
When I was looking for the 2MM gift, I saw a lot of negative comments about the Hartmann piece. I also have a Boyt carryon that is still in good shape, so I chose the Tumi laptop bag. I love the thing. On a flight today I didn't get Pre-chek and would normally have to pull out my laptop, but the bag is pre approved so you can simply unzip half of it and leave the laptop in the one half and send it through the X-ray machine. I've mentioned before that I would never buy a Tumi bag for myself (really expensive), but for free, what the heck? And as someone suggested, I did go to several luggage stores to look at it and the other offerings before making my final decision.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by oldtirednbusy
For one of my MM gifts I took the Hartmann and gave it to the wife. She loves it. It is a spinner. I bought her a matching one with rollers on it that can be hung on the larger one and will fit under the seat
I think DL should've given you the entire Hartmann luggage line with how much you've flown them
Old Jul 31, 2015, 8:28 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I took the Hartmann bag on my 1MM.

Gave it to my sister after 4 segments. Couldn't stand it as the handle doesn't come up far (especially as compared to a Briggs & Riley that I've had since 300k), so I felt like I was bending over when I tried wheeling.

Best advice already given.

#1 =- get something for the wife
#2 = failing that, go to a luggage store and try out all the bags they're offering.

In the long run my sister will easily hit DM this year and is using the bag as her roll-aboard, so its getting a ton of usage.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 11:24 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
I got the backpack. Or, should I say, I selected the backpack, about three months ago. How long do you folks think it takes to get the gift after you've selected it?

TIA,
Randidliyo
Old Aug 13, 2015, 11:45 am

Location: Just relocated to Phoenix, so I guess that does it for Delta for me
Programs: DL "Annual" GM 2MM, AA lifetime Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by randidliyo
I got the backpack. Or, should I say, I selected the backpack, about three months ago. How long do you folks think it takes to get the gift after you've selected it?
I got my Tumi laptop bag in about a week, shipped directly from Tumi.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I selected the Hartmann Expandable Spinner on 9 August. I expect it to arrive tomorrow (I got a notice from UPS that doesn't apply to anything else I can think of, shipped from a luggage store).

They said 4-6 weeks, so I guess it depends on whether it's in stock at the time.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Three months is too long. The email they sent when I selected gave me a phone number to call about the shipping status. Did you get a similar email?
Old Aug 13, 2015, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Have two of the 20 inch Hartmanns... they are surprisingly roomy and expandable. Beware that on many non-domestic carriers, 22 inches is considered too large to be cabin luggage. You may get snagged at the gate, and you may get away with it. International standards vary with whoever is at the gate and whether or not they notice you.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 7:22 pm

Programs: Delta DM 3+MM
Anyone know if there's a time limit to make a selection? I hit 2MM last year and haven't found anything I like yet. I keep hoping something new, like an expandable spinner, will show up.

Anyone have any inside knowledge of whether anything new will appear?
Old Aug 13, 2015, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lking
Anyone know if there's a time limit to make a selection? I hit 2MM last year and haven't found anything I like yet. I keep hoping something new, like an expandable spinner, will show up.

Anyone have any inside knowledge of whether anything new will appear?
Someone posted about waiting 9 months. I think if there's a deadline they ought to tell you.

Maybe you could ask about getting a 1MM prize.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 9:23 pm

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Task Force DL
I got my Hartmann at 1M and Have put over 2M more miles on it. Nothing has ever broken on it (probably because it spends most of its life on top of a Briggs & Riley Roll-aboard).

TFD
Got my Hartmann at 2MM and have put almost 2M more on it. Great bag and very durable.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 6:03 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
Originally Posted by sethb
Three months is too long. The email they sent when I selected gave me a phone number to call about the shipping status. Did you get a similar email?
I never got a confirmation email, but I went back to the selection page and it says something like "we hope you're enjoying your backpack".

I guess I gotta call? Any idea who I should call?

TIA,
RBM
Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I never got a confirmation email, but I went back to the selection page and it says something like "we hope you're enjoying your backpack".

I guess I gotta call? Any idea who I should call?

TIA,
RBM
What company is the backpack from? I only got the number for Hartmann.

Or call Delta and ask.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I selected the suitcase Sunday. It arrived today (Friday), 5 days later.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM 3+MM
Question Sethb, did you really get an expandable spinner?

Originally Posted by sethb
I selected the Hartmann Expandable Spinner on 9 August. I expect it to arrive tomorrow (I got a notice from UPS that doesn't apply to anything else I can think of, shipped from a luggage store).

They said 4-6 weeks, so I guess it depends on whether it's in stock at the time.
Did you really get a Hartmann Expandable Spinner or are you just saying that because that's what I have been wanting?!

I've never seen one on the list and I've been OCD checking. So tell me...did you really?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.