Wiki Posts
Search

American Express Sc Access Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2015, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: delta dm
American Express Sc Access Question

I have two delta reserve cards....my name is on both one business one personal....my wife has a platinum delta card hooked up to same account as my personal reserve.....can she get into SC without fee with her platinum card which is hooked to my reserve card...could i use my other reserve card to get my son in without fee....any other strategy?
Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by dzflyer
I have two delta reserve cards....my name is on both one business one personal....my wife has a platinum delta card hooked up to same account as my personal reserve.....can she get into SC without fee with her platinum card which is hooked to my reserve card...could i use my other reserve card to get my son in without fee....any other strategy?
You can enter the SC as a DM or on your reserve cards.

I am fairly sure that you wife has to have a reserve card in her name and it matters not if her PLT card is linked to your account. The DL PLT card does not offer SC as a benefit.

Your son will have to pay regardless as you can only use the cards or status for you and no one else.

Odds are high you will be paying for both unless you have an executive membership in the SC.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: delta dm
Ok cool thats what I thought...I may have to put the personal reserve card in her name....how many guests do you get with the sc executive membership
Old Jul 22, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Ok cool thats what I thought...I may have to put the personal reserve card in her name....how many guests do you get with the sc executive membership
Includes unlimited Club access for the member and up to two guests per visit
Old Jul 22, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
The only reason I have SC membership is because of my Diamond status.
Check your SC membership card. No idea why but for some reason, I have an Executive membership through 4/17. Maybe you will get lucky and have the same, which gives you two guests.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:38 pm

Unless I'm mistaken, can't you get a free 2nd AMEX PLT card on the account? If so, wouldn't getting on in the kid's name save the $29? I haven't tried this myself but remember reading such a ploy at one point.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by HenryTheNoodle
Unless I'm mistaken, can't you get a free 2nd AMEX PLT card on the account? If so, wouldn't getting on in the kid's name save the $29? I haven't tried this myself but remember reading such a ploy at one point.
A 2nd AMEX PLT card will cost you $175. The $175 actually gives you up to 3 cards.

If your wife has a DL PLT Card connected to your DL RESERVE card, that will NOT get her access to the club. The additional card has to also be a RESERVE.

As you note, it would be better to put the RESERVE CARD in her name, but then the DL miles and DL Benefits go to her
Old Jul 23, 2015, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
As you note, it would be better to put the RESERVE CARD in her name, but then the DL miles and DL Benefits go to her
Ah, generally true BUT a big exception...

If the Reserve card is in the wife's name, she can gift her MQM bonus to the husband. Not saying if it's a good idea or not, only saying that this option is a possibility as well.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 10:37 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
A 2nd AMEX PLT card will cost you $175. The $175 actually gives you up to 3 cards.
This is true for the generic AmEx platinum card, which the OP never said they had. The OP mentioned the DL AmEx platinum, which is a different card entirely.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Ah, generally true BUT a big exception...

If the Reserve card is in the wife's name, she can gift her MQM bonus to the husband. Not saying if it's a good idea or not, only saying that this option is a possibility as well.
If it's the wife's Reserve card, she can keep or gift the MQMs to anyone she wants.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 12:13 pm

I wish AMEX would change the name from "Delta Platinum CC" to "Delta Silver CC"
Old Jul 25, 2015, 12:15 pm

ehhh, then I guess people would mix it up in regards to real world commodities , thinking Silver is below Gold, and ask to switch it back because "Platinum" is above "Gold"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.