Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATL Future Lounge Landscape

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2015, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by gooselee
As much as I'd love it, I can't imagine that Amex would open a Cent Lounge at ATL, due to the Amex/DL relationship.
You mean like the one just opened Seattle in the middle of the Delta concourse?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
Originally Posted by micstatic
I know I'm in the minority here. But I don't even see the viability of lounges anymore. They are expensive. Many charge extra for drinks. Many don't have real food. Most are over-crowded. Most airports have high quality restaurants and watering holes these days. What's still drawing all of you?
Showers, plenty of outlets, dedicated restrooms, wi-fi and airline staff who can help with IROPs are worth every penny. Sometimes if you were to just go to an airport bar and have two drinks that cost of lounge entry is a wash.

Also, in the case of ATL and JFK, the SkyDeck is a unique experience that can't be beat!
Old Jul 21, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
I know I'm in the minority here. But I don't even see the viability of lounges anymore. They are expensive. Many charge extra for drinks. Many don't have real food. Most are over-crowded. Most airports have high quality restaurants and watering holes these days. What's still drawing all of you?
I think the Sky Club experience has improved in the last few years. Yes, there was a crappy move in terms of selling some beverages that used to be complimentary. This year, however, they've restored some freebies by having a local microbrew on tap and a few upgraded liquor options as well. The food is a sea change from what it was a few years ago with lots of hot and cold offerings. The crowds have gone down now that it's not as easy to bring guests inside. And the outdoor lounge at the F terminal club in ATL is quite nice.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL GM / PC APM / SPG GM / GP PM
Originally Posted by ross123

Originally Posted by gooselee
As much as I'd love it, I can't imagine that Amex would open a Cent Lounge at ATL, due to the Amex/DL relationship
I have to agree with gooselee, I don't think we'll ever see one in ATL as long as Delta and AMEX are such good corporate BFF's.....

[dreams] Maybe one day Delta will switch to a SunTrust visa and dump AMEX and in retaliation AMEX will open a ATL Lounge [/dreams]

That "studio" in SEA is far to small for ATL though, I'd like to see something like DFW or SFO in ATL but about twice the size.

If they'd put it in maybe C concourse so it was basically in the middle, you'd never see me in a ATL SkyClub again.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ross123
I wouldn't characterize B concourse as the Delta concourse. DL has been using a few gates in B, a few gates in A, but mostly flies out of S (where they already have a SC). I would say that B made sense because it didn't have a lounge and could serve DL as well as anybody else using the main terminal. DL is rumored to be planning a second SC, likely in A when they expand A for international arrivals, so B still makes sense for Amex. AS is also opening another BR in N, again making B a logical choice.

For those of you interested in the Amex Centurion Lounge opening speculation, there is an interesting thread in the Amex forum. Looks like IAH will get the next Centurion lounge, but there's still hope for ATL some day...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ulation-9.html
Old Jul 21, 2015, 2:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by pleasantsn
I wouldn't characterize B concourse as the Delta concourse. DL has been using a few gates in B, a few gates in A, but mostly flies out of S (where they already have a SC). I would say that B made sense because it didn't have a lounge and could serve DL as well as anybody else using the main terminal. DL is rumored to be planning a second SC, likely in A when they expand A for international arrivals, so B still makes sense for Amex. AS is also opening another BR in N, again making B a logical choice.

For those of you interested in the Amex Centurion Lounge opening speculation, there is an interesting thread in the Amex forum. Looks like IAH will get the next Centurion lounge, but there's still hope for ATL some day...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ulation-9.html
However, IAH still reflects the situation of trying to replace the CO lounge access through the Plat/Centurion card (when flying CO that day) that was lost.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
I'm guessing you're talking about US domestic clubs? International premium cabin lounges (which is what QR or TK would want) are very different.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 7:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by bennos
I'm guessing you're talking about US domestic clubs? International premium cabin lounges (which is what QR or TK would want) are very different.
QR and TK don't give a toss about lounges at out-stations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.