Wiki Posts
Search

DL Showing Yes/No Award Space on EF

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by 18sas
ExpertFlyer didn't show award inventory before the great clampdown, so this is actually new functionality, for EF anyway.

The Yes/No availability as opposed to actual seat counts is pretty much exactly what KVS has always shown, so it sounds like EF got their hands on whatever datasource or methodology KVS was using.
Actually, Delta flights and their X/O/U inventory was available by # if any seats were open.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by CGNC
Actually, Delta flights and their X/O/U inventory was available by # if any seats were open.
X and U are revenue fare classes, not awards

EF did show RP/OP (SWU/GUC/RUC/mileage upgrade award inventory) and N (economy award low inventory) before things went south.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
So basically, still no cooperation of DL with EF... whatever method EF is using for this limited data does not use GDS. Don't get your hopes up... DL is moving in the direction of limiting visibility in everything they can.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 18sas
ExpertFlyer didn't show award inventory before the great clampdown, so this is actually new functionality, for EF anyway.

The Yes/No availability as opposed to actual seat counts is pretty much exactly what KVS has always shown, so it sounds like EF got their hands on whatever datasource or methodology KVS was using.
Award availability is available online via delta.dumb, including the numbers of seats. However, without published award charts, we're not sure it's low until we see the receipt, which AFAIK still shows the award class sub-inventory buckets.

Similarly, one can painfully find fare class availability if there are fares that apply, but not for lower buckets close to departure.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by lamont2718

EF did show RP/OP (SWU/GUC/RUC/mileage upgrade award inventory) and N (economy award low inventory) before things went south.
Sorry for the gaffe--I've been on EF for too long looking for RTW award space on AF and KL My bad!
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Award availability is available online via delta.dumb, including the numbers of seats. However, without published award charts, we're not sure it's low until we see the receipt, which AFAIK still shows the award class sub-inventory buckets.
Sure you are. The booking class for awards is shown right in the search results.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:52 am

Programs: DL DM
I would agree with other posters. This is not direction that Delta is moving. As soon as they figure out how this "leaked" to EF, they will close it down.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:13 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by javabytes
Sure you are. The booking class for awards is shown right in the search results.
You're right.

However, this is making me wonder how DL codes the inventory for domestic coach routes where tickets under 12,500 one way are sometimes available, for instance the 5,000 and 7,500 one ways as well as 19,000 and 20,000 IIRC RTs that have been reported here.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You're right.

However, this is making me wonder how DL codes the inventory for domestic coach routes where tickets under 12,500 one way are sometimes available, for instance the 5,000 and 7,500 one ways as well as 19,000 and 20,000 IIRC RTs that have been reported here.
I suspect the fare basis code is different. It pulls from the same low inventory, but the award fare filed for the route is at a lower price in mileage.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by BenA
I suspect the fare basis code is different. It pulls from the same low inventory, but the award fare filed for the route is at a lower price in mileage.
Yep, same booking class (N), different fare filed. YSMK100 instead of YSM125, for instance.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by lamont2718

I think that the low inventory was determined to be unreliable though. There was a thread here some time ago about it.

I want to say it was based on a misunderstanding and that Delta was using the N bucket in the GDS for something different than they were using it for internally.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 10:34 pm

Expert Flyer and Delta Award redemption?

Does Expert Flyer now show low level partner availability for award redemption?

I gave seen that it now shows Delta operated "Saver" fare award avaiability.

Thanks!!!

Last edited by RSSrsvp; Aug 4, 2015 at 2:04 pm Reason: Merged into existing thread on the subject
Old Aug 4, 2015, 1:11 pm

It depends on the partner. Normally to find DL award availability for partner flights, you search for low award availability on the partner's own website or on EF under the partner airline operating the flights. Some SkyTeam and other DL partners show their low award availability on EF and others don't.

ADDED: You might find partner award availability on EF by searching for DL awards, but I would expect searching explicitly for the partner award inventory to be more accurate. AFAIK not all partner awards can be booked on delta.dumb versus needing to call DL and those are the cases where looking for award inventory using that carrier's website or under the carrier on EF is more likely to be needed IMO.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Aug 4, 2015 at 5:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.