FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   "Marriage Takes Flight" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1690648-marriage-takes-flight.html)

sweeper20 Jun 28, 2015 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Esltroy (Post 25039923)
As far as how many fF are gay...I would imagine it is a higher percentage than the average public. Mainly because of the lifestyle you need to maintain in order to be on the road so much. I could not have children and be on the road weekly. I am of an older generation that didn't really think having children would be an option. That is now changing for younger gays. The queen mother of England had men that take care of her needs. Most of them tend to be gay since they need to be at her beck and call 24/7. She once bellowed in jest: ""When one of you young queens has finished, can you bring this old queen a drink?"

I agree that FA's that are males might be more likely to be gay, but I'm not sure I follow your reasoning. There are many straight female flight attendants that are married, with kids and they seem just fine being on the road. I don't think gay or straight has anything to do with that aspect.

Esltroy Jun 28, 2015 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by sweeper20 (Post 25039945)
I agree that FA's that are males might be more likely to be gay, but I'm not sure I follow your reasoning. There are many straight female flight attendants that are married, with kids and they seem just fine being on the road. I don't think gay or straight has anything to do with that aspect.

Sorry I should have been clearer. I was thinking about a higher percentage of frequent flyers being gay because of the nature of being on the road a lot. I was not thinking about FA.

sweeper20 Jun 28, 2015 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Esltroy (Post 25039962)
Sorry I should have been clearer. I was thinking about a higher percentage of frequent flyers being gay because of the nature of being on the road a lot. I was not thinking about FA.

I misread your post - thanks for the clarification.

NotHamSarnie Jun 28, 2015 4:02 pm

I don't get any free stuff and am feeling rather unfabulous.

NWAFA Jun 28, 2015 4:33 pm

On longer flights, the crew (FAs) would make bets if the most attractive passenger was gay or straight. When determined, the passenger would get a "goody" bag for the road. The winning FA(s) got to drink for free that night. Many times, the passenger would come out for cocktails with us. :D

davetravels Jun 28, 2015 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by NWAFA (Post 25040204)
When determined, . . . .

May I ask how this was achieved?!? :confused:

Sabai Jun 28, 2015 7:27 pm

Many times, the passenger would come out for cocktails with us. :D

Only during cocktails?

jimrpa Jun 28, 2015 7:30 pm

On longer flights, the crew (FAs) would make bets if the most attractive passenger was gay or straight. When determined, the passenger would get a "goody" bag for the road. The winning FA(s) got to drink for free that night. Many times, the passenger would come out for cocktails with us. :D

I must lead a very sheltered life :D

Widgets Jun 28, 2015 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 25038614)
Speaking for myself, I can personally state, that, EVERY male flight attendant I know, is gay! ;) ;) ;)

I had a good laugh at the ticket counter this morning when one coworker was reading the news and expressed a little disdain for the SCOTUS decision. The counter had me, 2 women, 2 men, and this guy. One of the girls said "honey, the only one who likes women here is you." My job is so gay :cool:

I recently found out that SLC has an unwritten dress code that only gay men wear certain uniform items. Can you guess what those might be based on personal experience? I guessed right!

Esltroy Jun 28, 2015 7:43 pm

Pocket square?

davetravels Jun 28, 2015 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Widgets (Post 25040779)
I recently found out that SLC has an unwritten dress code that only gay men wear certain uniform items. Can you guess what those might be based on personal experience? I guessed right!

Hmmmmm. . . . I'll hafto text my SLC based SkyWest bud.

;)

:D

Edited to add..... He's never heard of any specific article clothing.

Widgets Jun 28, 2015 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by Esltroy (Post 25040800)
Pocket square?

Ha! Everyone is supposed to wear one! It's so simple and easy to comply, but people can't do it. I really get tempted to ask people why they aren't wearing one sometimes. The whole in their vest/blazer isn't for holding 16 pens and their phone...

Widgets Jun 28, 2015 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 25040804)
Hmmmmm. . . . I'll hafto text my SLC based SkyWest bud.

;)

:D

Edited to add..... He's never heard of any specific article clothing.

All the SLC girls tell me that only gay men wear vests. Kind of like a pink triangle but in a positive way. All the dudes wearing just a white shirt are straight. Anyone wearing a vest over it is part of the tribe. I think turtlenecks should be another, but they all say that turtlenecks are actually a straight thing to wear. Exact opposite at my airport.

Esltroy Jun 28, 2015 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Widgets (Post 25040845)
All the SLC girls tell me that only gay men wear vests. Kind of like a pink triangle but in a positive way. All the dudes wearing just a white shirt are straight. Anyone wearing a vest over it is part of the tribe. I think turtlenecks should be another, but they all say that turtlenecks are actually a straight thing to wear. Exact opposite at my airport.

Sweet inside info.

Widgets Jun 28, 2015 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Esltroy (Post 25040872)
Sweet inside info.

I'm confident that this 'inside' info isn't the type that I can't share on social media haha.