Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

We're sorry. We can't update your Form of Payment right now. Please try again...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

We're sorry. We can't update your Form of Payment right now. Please try again...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2015, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles

Just a heads up.

Went to DL.dumb to update my CC info (current card expiring soon).

If you go to My Wallet and click on Stored Payment Methods, you are only presented the option to Add Payment Type.

Repeated attempts to do so all resulted in the same response... "We're sorry. We can't update your Form of Payment right now. Please try again later."

Finally called DM line and asked to be connected to on-line support.

Not surprisingly, this is a known, longstanding problem.

To update card info, you must first delete the exiting info, log out, log back in, and add new info.

BTW... There is no obvious button to click for deleting the existing card. But, if you presciently click on the AMEX card logo, a new window appears and provides the Remove Card option.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 6:54 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
It is kind of surprising -- you'd think the section of the website devoted to helping collect payments would be the one that works flawlessly.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 7:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Just a heads up.

Went to DL.dumb to update my CC info (current card expiring soon).

If you go to My Wallet and click on Stored Payment Methods, you are only presented the option to Add Payment Type.

Repeated attempts to do so all resulted in the same response... "We're sorry. We can't update your Form of Payment right now. Please try again later."

Finally called DM line and asked to be connected to on-line support.

Not surprisingly, this is a known, longstanding problem.

To update card info, you must first delete the exiting info, log out, log back in, and add new info.

BTW... There is no obvious button to click for deleting the existing card. But, if you presciently click on the AMEX card logo, a new window appears and provides the Remove Card option.
I have noticed this with many online payees recently, having just received my new chip & PIN cards. Not just a DL issue and it leads me to believe that it is not a "known problem" but rather a deliberate programming step. Perhaps an anti-fraud measure.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KevinDTW
It is kind of surprising -- you'd think the section of the website devoted to helping collect payments would be the one that works flawlessly.
^ ROFL ^
Old Jun 26, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by Often1
I have noticed this with many online payees recently, having just received my new chip & PIN cards. Not just a DL issue and it leads me to believe that it is not a "known problem" but rather a deliberate programming step. Perhaps an anti-fraud measure.
Totally OT, but from whom did you manage to get chip + PIN cards in the US?! All my cards are the + signature variant, and that just doesn't cut it in all situations in Europe...
Old Jun 26, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Andrews FCU issued mine. Their web site is from the dark ages, but the customer service actually isn't bad if you call in. Kind of like our favorite airline. You don't have to be on base to use them - a simple membership in the American Consumer Council makes you eligible.

There's a great FT thread with various card options for true chip and pin. There are a few other good choices - sorry I'm on mobile or I'd dig it up, but I think it's in the Travel Tools forum?

Note the Andrews card is BOTH chip and signature and chip and pin. So used in the U.S., it defaults to signature, but it always works in unattended overseas kiosks that demand a pin too.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: DL DM UA AA Hilton Starwood
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Just a heads up.

I just did exactly that. Clicked AMEX logo and was presented with a "remove card" and an "edit card" button.
Do not know why you don't show it, unless they just fixed in the last hour or so. ????
Old Jun 26, 2015, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by henwood
I just did exactly that. Clicked AMEX logo and was presented with a "remove card" and an "edit card" button.
Do not know why you don't show it, unless they just fixed in the last hour or so. ????
Yes, I agree. Click on the AMEX card image and you get the other options.

My point was that it was bizarre to expect someone to intuitively guess that the hidden capabilities were to be accessed that way. Especially, when there is one button conspicuously available for the "Add Payment Type."

Given the prominent display of that button, why should someone assume that clicking the AMEX card image would be the key to finding other buttons?

Poor interface design.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond,1.8 MM; AA Gold
Originally Posted by mother-
Totally OT, but from whom did you manage to get chip + PIN cards in the US?! All my cards are the + signature variant, and that just doesn't cut it in all situations in Europe...
I'm about to get mine from USAA bank. Seems the US banks are finally getting in line with the rest of the world.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Totally OT, but from whom did you manage to get chip + PIN cards in the US?
Chase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.