Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum MQMs when flying AF/KL?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2015, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond;AA Gold; UA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Plat
Minimum MQMs when flying AF/KL?

(I can't find this in the forum and therefore am posting; apologies around if it's already here):

Is there a 500 Minimum MQM on AF/KL coded flights?

I can't find any language either way outside of the 100% MQM earning notation (which DL also gives for flying itself) which makes me assume that you get straight mileage, i.e. no 500 MQM minimum, but thought I would check and see if anyone has any experience. While going back through my own history it seems all my short-hops within Europe were ticketed as a DL flight and therefore never ran into this issue before. I will be taking a few fights on HOP! next month (ticketed as AF) and am wondering how they will help me in my slow march towards status.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, 2+MM, AA Gold 1+MM, HH Diamond, MHG Silver,
I last flew KLM a few years ago and I got actual mileage. I can't believe that the program has gotten better in the past two years!
Old Jun 27, 2015, 8:24 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I just checked my TXL/AMS flight from Feb., and I got 500 MQMs, and it's only 360 actual flight miles.

Actually, I misread your post. I didn't realize that you didn't want KLM flights that were part of a Delta itinerary. I did have an all KLM intra-Europe round trip from TXL to MAN, but it was a couple of years ago and, of course, it may have changed since then.. I did get full MQMs back then.

Last edited by davetravels; Jun 27, 2015 at 8:43 pm
Old Jun 27, 2015, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Yes, you should get a 500 mile minimum. I just flew via AMS to LHR and for AMS-LHR I received 1,000 MQMs (even though I bought a Z fare, AMS-LHR was in the J fare bucket so I got the 500 MQM minimum and the 100% J fare bonus).

*this trip was booked through Delta on 006 stock - not sure if booking directly through KLM would make a difference.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 12:33 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
yes you will get 500 min MQM as long as operating airline is skyteam (Hop also counts if AF coded)
Old Jun 28, 2015, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond;AA Gold; UA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Plat
Thanks all, very helpful.

(as a point of info--I am on a 006 ticket but the flights except JFK-AMS/CDG-BOS are coded KL. His includes a "hop!" flight from NCE-ORY. The most interesting thing at looking at this ticket (from a dorky frequent flyer's perspective) is how the the airlines still haven't perfected inventory control and still have lower fare buckets on the code-shares.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 9:58 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by PowerFlyer
The most interesting thing at looking at this ticket (from a dorky frequent flyer's perspective)
I resemble that remark!!!

Originally Posted by PowerFlyer
. . . . . the the airlines still haven't perfected inventory control and still have lower fare buckets on the code-shares.
My longest friend is flying today from PIT/BCN - return RIX/PIT with his family, and he asked my why the EXACT same flights that he bought from AF cost MUCH more when purchased from Delta.

My <DORKY> answer:

That's just the way it is!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.