Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

1 July 2015 | New Delta One Amenity Kits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:12 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I got the old case LAX-SYD on 7/1/15. I most wanted the hard case but apparently that will not happen when I return to the USA late next week.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:41 pm
Used to be PWMRamper

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Miss the comb in the new kits.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Can't wait for a hard case!
Old Jul 3, 2015, 3:56 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by MSPGabe
Miss the comb in the new kits.
Bald people don't have that problem...

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Can't wait for a hard case!

The D1 seat across from me was empty. I was able to get a second hard case....lol.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
That's the million-dollar question . I'm hoping that connecting pax like me won't get the same case again. They should change it up, esp on long-haul flights like these ones.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
That's the million-dollar question . I'm hoping that connecting pax like me won't get the same case again. They should change it up, esp on long-haul flights like these ones.
The do change it up, allegedly by direction. With the assumption that many/most people flying one way will eventually return going the other way.

That said, it seems that we have a report of a westbound TPAC getting hard cases and a westbound TATL getting the soft case. I hope they are at least consistent in which kit you get by direction between continents (e.g., hard case from NA to Asia or NA to Europe, soft case in reverse, even though cardinal directions may be different). My next TATL is ATL-FCO/MAD-ATL and would love to get one of each.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 4:46 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gooselee
The do change it up, allegedly by direction. With the assumption that many/most people flying one way will eventually return going the other way.

That said, it seems that we have a report of a westbound TPAC getting hard cases and a westbound TATL getting the soft case. I hope they are at least consistent in which kit you get by direction between continents (e.g., hard case from NA to Asia or NA to Europe, soft case in reverse, even though cardinal directions may be different). My next TATL is ATL-FCO/MAD-ATL and would love to get one of each.
Well I only came to Tokyo for a 3-day MR. So, I will let y'all know which kit I get on the way home in 2 days.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Originally Posted by gooselee
My next TATL is ATL-FCO/MAD-ATL and would love to get one of each.
I'm doing DTW - LHR this week followed by MAD - JFK a week later. Am hoping for one of each also for my collection - before my daughters try to confiscate them
Old Jul 3, 2015, 5:20 pm

Programs: Delta DM; *A FO. UG since(1/1/15): 11/14
Originally Posted by 355F1
Well I only came to Tokyo for a 3-day MR. So, I will let y'all know which kit I get on the way home in 2 days.
Heading out there today, see which one I get :-)

PS must be truly vacation season, D1 is 60% empty 2 hrs before the flight?
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Friend of mine is in D1 DTW-AMS today and got the hard case, so from the limited anecdotes available it seems USA-Int'l=Hard Case, Int'l-USA=Soft Case. The new soft case IMO is inferior to the old Tumi one. Not ballistic nylon, but some other not as high quality feeling material.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by Ben and Jerry
Heading out there today, see which one I get :-)

PS must be truly vacation season, D1 is 60% empty 2 hrs before the flight?
Arrived earlier today, left yesterday; MSP-AMS 5 confirmed D1 pax and 9 non-revs.
Very light load also in economy.

Originally Posted by sky303
Friend of mine is in D1 DTW-AMS today and got the hard case, so from the limited anecdotes available it seems USA-Int'l=Hard Case, Int'l-USA=Soft Case. The new soft case IMO is inferior to the old Tumi one. Not ballistic nylon, but some other not as high quality feeling material.
Can add another datapoint, MSP-AMS: they gave me a hard case

Last edited by Grouchy; Jul 4, 2015 at 6:56 am
Old Jul 5, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: DL DM, DL SkyClub, DL AmEx Plat, SPG +, Hilton Silver, Hertz, Thrifty BlueChip, NEXUS/GE

My SO retuned from LHR yesterday (LHR-SEA). Soft case. I agree with previous comments, prefer the ballistic nylon and shape of the black tumi bags. Looking forward to see the hard side cases.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: Delta DM; *A FO. UG since(1/1/15): 11/14
Originally Posted by sky303
+1/2 so far.

Got the hardcase version on LAX-HND. See if the softcase is issued on my return sunday.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:35 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Just boarded NRT-LAX and it seems to confirm what has been posted.

Had the hard case on MSP-NRT and got the soft case today on NRT-LAX!

Soft case appears more luxurious-looking than the hard case.

Last edited by 355F1; Jul 6, 2015 at 1:56 am
Old Jul 6, 2015, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Steve007NY
Currently in Delta One JFK-LAX
Same old soft-sided amenity kits that fill out "hotel/airline" booty shelf.
Ah well. Maybe we'll be able to SDC our J tix YVR-JFK to YVR-LAX-JFK on our return. (Better timing, not the amenity kit per se that's driving that switch.
Last week on LAX-JFK no kits distributed in D1. Is that normal/correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.