FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   1 July 2015 | New Delta One Amenity Kits (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1689834-1-july-2015-new-delta-one-amenity-kits.html)

baccarat_king Jun 23, 2015 10:56 am

1 July 2015 | New Delta One Amenity Kits

Delta One customers: What’s in your TUMI?

LINK HERE

Beginning July 1, Delta One customers will receive updated amenity kits featuring a fresh design and new features - including striped socks.

Custom designed hard- and soft-sided TUMI amenity kits will include a TUMI soft-touch pen and eyeshades; MALIN+GOETZ lip moisturizer, body lotion and new mouthwash; striped socks, facial tissues, earplugs and a dental kit with Crest toothpaste.

The hard- and soft-side kits will be alternated in direction of travel so customers are able to collect one each way and keep it for re-use after they get to their destination.

MSPeconomist Jun 23, 2015 11:01 am

Crest? I want my Colgate!

KDCAflyer Jun 23, 2015 11:03 am

So basically the exact same stuff, just in different colors.

It's nice though that C+ customers are getting better amenities. Perhaps enhanced meal service is the next to come, especially on the most expensive C+ routes?

dc2005b Jun 23, 2015 11:21 am

Originally Posted by WWads (Post 25015368)
So basically the exact same stuff, just in different colors.

And in a hard case!

Every1 Get A Life Jun 23, 2015 11:34 am

Mouthwash is new. And I would consider that a big improvement. Always wished there was mouthwash

PRWeezer Jun 23, 2015 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Every1 Get A Life (Post 25015567)
Mouthwash is new. And I would consider that a big improvement. Always wished there was mouthwash

I predict with that packaging it will end up splashed all over the lav, especially if it explodes on opening like the salad dressing & yogurt containers have been known to do. :eek:

DLATL777 Jun 23, 2015 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by PRWeezer (Post 25015594)
I predict with that packaging it will end up splashed all over the lav, especially if it explodes on opening like the salad dressing & yogurt containers have been known to do. :eek:

Ive never had that issue with mouthwash in SQ/EK/TG etc kits.

DL-Don Jun 23, 2015 12:03 pm

Damn!! Headed to London tomorrow so I guess I'll add two more of the old Tumi kits to my existing collection of several dozen. :mad:

MSPeconomist Jun 23, 2015 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by dc2005b (Post 25015479)
And in a hard case!

The hard case will be much more difficult to stuff into a carryon bag or even (at a later time) a checked bag.

rylan Jun 23, 2015 12:59 pm

Adding mouthwash is nice. I still miss the shoe shine pad though.

MSPeconomist Jun 23, 2015 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by rylan (Post 25016091)
Adding mouthwash is nice. I still miss the shoe shine pad though.

Is mouthwash more likely to attract TSA attention if one doesn't open the amenity kit and place the little bottle of mouthwash into the 3-1-1 baggie before reclearing security upon arrival and transfer to a connecting flight? IME the current kits have sufficiently small amounts of lotion and gel that TSA and foreign airport security doesn't make a fuss if one isn't aware that they contain small amounts of liquid.

tkey75 Jun 23, 2015 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by DL-Don (Post 25015786)
Damn!! Headed to London tomorrow so I guess I'll add two more of the old Tumi kits to my existing collection of several dozen. :mad:

I'll gladly take some old pouches off your hands. I make great use of them and can always use more.

bgriff Jun 23, 2015 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by PRWeezer (Post 25015594)

I do always make sure to position my hand to protect my clothing from the salad dressing and yogurt, having learned that lesson the hard way. But I think that is a result of those things usually having some amount of the contents stuck to the top of the container when you open it. That shouldn't be the case with mouthwash.

MSPeconomist Jun 23, 2015 1:23 pm

If you're concerned, aim the mouthwash toward the mirror when you open the bottle. If enough people do this, DL longhaul aircraft D1 lavatories will no longer suffer from bad breath.

BTW, isn't there some liquidless form of mouthwash available for travel, perhaps saturated wipes or something chewable? (I don't mean breath mints.) I'm thinking of deodorant on saturated cotton squares as well as nail polish remover and makeup remover. After the TSA liquid ban, all kinds of things were reformulated to avoid the liquid and gel forms.

airindia787 Jun 23, 2015 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 25016105)
Is mouthwash more likely to attract TSA attention if one doesn't open the amenity kit and place the little bottle of mouthwash into the 3-1-1 baggie before reclearing security upon arrival and transfer to a connecting flight? IME the current kits have sufficiently small amounts of lotion and gel that TSA and foreign airport security doesn't make a fuss if one isn't aware that they contain small amounts of liquid.

Well I travel with a small bottle of mouthwash wherever I go and neither TSA nor any other security agency has ever batted an eye. I don't know what the ones in the amenity kit look like but the ones I travel with are the travel size bottles of Listerine. I can't imagine the DL ones being any bigger than that, and likely a lot smaller.