Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

1 July 2015 | New Delta One Amenity Kits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1 July 2015 | New Delta One Amenity Kits

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2015, 1:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by airindia787
Well I travel with a small bottle of mouthwash wherever I go and neither TSA nor any other security agency has ever batted an eye. I don't know what the ones in the amenity kit look like but the ones I travel with are the travel size bottles of Listerine. I can't imagine the DL ones being any bigger than that, and likely a lot smaller.
Don't you place your little mouthwash bottle in your 3-1-1 baggie? That's what I do and it's no problem as long as it fits with my other toiletries. I'm concerned about how TSA would react to mouthwash bottles that aren't in the baggie because someone hasn't inspected their amenity kit.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I don't bother putting the toothpaste from the kits in the 3-1-1 baggie, and I usually have a hand sanitizer that is in my laptop bag that doesn't get put in the baggie either. Never had a kit inspected or one of my 'rogue' tiny liquids found.
My guess is they don't bother when its a very small amount that is clearly under the 100ml limit. TSA has bigger issues with letting real threats through security anyway.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Every1 Get A Life
Mouthwash is new. And I would consider that a big improvement. Always wished there was mouthwash
+1

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Don't you place your little mouthwash bottle in your 3-1-1 baggie? That's what I do and it's no problem as long as it fits with my other toiletries.
That is what I usually do - so nice to not have to do it if I have a confirmed BE seat.

Originally Posted by rylan
Adding mouthwash is nice. I still miss the shoe shine pad though.
I will not miss it.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Nice changes all around. I'm particularly excited about the toothbrush inclusion in Comfort+ - honestly, half the time I open the amenity kit just to raid it for the toothbrush, and don't use the other supplies, so this will be much appreciated!
Old Jun 23, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
I wish they said which direction got which kit. I'm going to PVG at the end of June and coming back in July. I guess I'll find out.

The old Delta BusinessElite amenity kits had Rembrandt mouthwash in them.

Generally, I grab the pen, if anything, since I usually forget one.

Given the condition of the lav floors after a few hours, I skip the socks. If the flight is a Japan flight (or happens to have slippers on it for some other reason), I'll wear the slippers.

I do like the micro fiber cloth for cleaning my iPhone/iPad screens.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 3:11 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Yay! I'm going to Tokyo next week in D1 so I am looking forward to new kits! ^^
Old Jun 23, 2015, 4:29 pm
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by bgriff
I do always make sure to position my hand to protect my clothing from the salad dressing and yogurt, having learned that lesson the hard way. But I think that is a result of those things usually having some amount of the contents stuck to the top of the container when you open it. That shouldn't be the case with mouthwash.
Off topic, but I use a fork to poke a tiny hole in the foil lid to equalize the air pressure before opening them. Works like a charm every time.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 4:34 pm

Programs: delta diamond, Hilton Diamond
I usually politely hand these back unopened as I have about 10 sitting in drawers now. Seems like a waste to keep taking them. I will probably snag one of the new ones to see what is in it.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by us2
Off topic, but I use a fork to poke a tiny hole in the foil lid to equalize the air pressure before opening them. Works like a charm every time.
Learned that trick back when Northwest was still flying, from a very kind F/A who offered to stab my Pour It On(tm) brand dressing with a fork for me.

Up until that point, I just thought it was a fact of flying that I'd be wearing some part of my yogurt or dressing...
Old Jun 23, 2015, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by tbeard
I usually politely hand these back unopened as I have about 10 sitting in drawers now. Seems like a waste to keep taking them. I will probably snag one of the new ones to see what is in it.
If you've accumulated unopened amenity kits or other travel goodies you don't want, you may want to swing by your favorite local shelter to see if they're interested.

Showers and overnight stays are a key part of daily life at shelters focused on homelessness and domestic violence. Most of them keep bins of supplies like this on hand, and being able to offer patrons high-end toiletries and a nice bag to keep them in is often much appreciated.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 4:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tbeard
I collect them and extra hotel shampoos, etc. and donate to a women's or homeless shelter.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by BenA
If you've accumulated unopened amenity kits or other travel goodies you don't want, you may want to swing by your favorite local shelter to see if they're interested.

Showers and overnight stays are a key part of daily life at shelters focused on homelessness and domestic violence. Most of them keep bins of supplies like this on hand, and being able to offer patrons high-end toiletries and a nice bag to keep them in is often much appreciated.
Originally Posted by JBJ2435
I collect them and extra hotel shampoos, etc. and donate to a women's or homeless shelter.
^^
When I lived in Seattle I gave them to YouthCare.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 5:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Nice change, and I like that they are keeping Tumi. I think higher quality ear plugs would be a nice improvement, I always just use my own.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Don't you place your little mouthwash bottle in your 3-1-1 baggie? That's what I do and it's no problem as long as it fits with my other toiletries. I'm concerned about how TSA would react to mouthwash bottles that aren't in the baggie because someone hasn't inspected their amenity kit.
I have not used a 3-1-1 baggie since I started getting pre-check. I actually just put everything in my old BE toiletry kits. I've never had a problem.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I have not used a 3-1-1 baggie since I started getting pre-check. I actually just put everything in my old BE toiletry kits. I've never had a problem.
I hang onto the 1 quart zip lock baggie for international flights. Non-US airports are still sometimes sticklers for these things.

Frankly, I've often wondered just how much, and what sizes of toiletries I could get by carrying through Pre.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 8:57 pm

Programs: DL/UA/AA/BA
That DL had a real toothpaste tube was seriously real! YES WE NOTICED!! thank you.

Beyond that, shoe horn and pure cotton sleep mask (wither the former great AZ version). Yes, I'm the small quotient that get into details, true many don't care.

And more than us than you know donate all and parts to charity. Proud to share.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.