Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2018, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by GB
I have noticed that the oatmeal offered in many of the SkyClubs is like "oatmeal soup". There is way too much water and it makes the oatmeal inedible.
Really disappointing but there does not seem to be a standard practice of preparation.
It starts out as soup and then cooks down to paste.

Water is added to return it to the soup state.

Repeated as often as required.

This is not a DL-only shot. Same applies to hotel breakfast bars.
Old May 6, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by sky303
OTOH, the only place I've seen full breasts served has been JFK that I recall and those definitely contain fillers.
I've had what looks like a full breast at JFK, but I would call it more like a large medallion of "chicken" or some facsimile thereof.
sky303 likes this.
Old May 6, 2018, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
[QUOTE=sky303;29713728...
OTOH, the only place I've seen full breasts served has been JFK that I recall and those definitely contain fillers.[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of a certain person who is ever-present in the political news these days, but I have never seen a photo of her at JFK.
Old May 9, 2018, 10:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I was very surprised when I saw Interstate BBQ pulled pork offered at the MEM club today. Very well done!

[img]https://s9.postimg.cc/4fd2uqb8v/_E4_D-5134-404_A-_A7_E7-2_FE22_F693372.jpg

Not sure what is wrong with postimg, I was trying to upload two photos but only links one.

Last edited by readywhenyouare; May 9, 2018 at 8:32 pm
Old May 15, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Very pleased with the minestrone soup and Mac n cheese in DTW near A70 today. There was little bacon bits, not the crap hard kind, to add as well as green onion too. And the Mac n cheese didn’t taste like it was made from powder. Really filling. I’ll take this over the guacamole bar at AA any day.
Old May 18, 2018, 11:05 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
LGA-C has signs up seeming like you can create a sesame noodle bar (with all the potential ingredients) but there are no noodles.....WTH?

Edited: there are noodles, the staff just can't keep up and they're served in such tiny bowls.

Last edited by AANYC1981; May 18, 2018 at 11:13 am
Old May 18, 2018, 5:46 pm

Some of the food really isn’t that bad. I like the Mac and cheese and some soups are good too. I’ll say this, while it could be worse, there is a very noticeable difference in the centurion lounge and Escape lounge food. Sky Club is adequate at best, while the others are actually good.
Old May 20, 2018, 8:43 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The Mac and Cheese pairs very well with the chicken pesto salad
Old May 20, 2018, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
The Mac and Cheese pairs very well with the chicken pesto salad
it really does. That and a lot of pepper and add in some onions and I love it.
Old May 21, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: DL EK QR TK
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Very pleased with the minestrone soup and Mac n cheese in DTW near A70 today. There was little bacon bits, not the crap hard kind, to add as well as green onion too. And the Mac n cheese didn’t taste like it was made from powder. Really filling. I’ll take this over the guacamole bar at AA any day.
I had Mac/cheese at the ATL sky club on May 1st. I thought it was very good. Had 4 bowls!
Old Jun 4, 2018, 10:22 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Sesame noodles and sesame chicken at the RDU SC last weekend. It was really good and when combined with the Chicken Tortilla soup, made for a great lunch.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Several Sky Clubs have recently started using larger-capacity stemmed glasses for water.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sethb
Several Sky Clubs have recently started using larger-capacity stemmed glasses for water.
Yeah. While I'd never buy these new ones, I have to say it is nice how much they hold. The old ones were something I'd have around my own house though, with the heavy bottoms and modern design.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 2:10 pm

Got a long layover in HNL coming up and going to do some touristy stuff. I might be crunched for time for dinner, but do have SC access. Haven't seen any recent reports on offerings in HNL. Anyone been there recently that knows what they might be offering as far as food? In other words, do I need to make it a priority to get dinner somewhere and likely rush through it, or can I relax knowing I have a fall back plan that if I am running short of time, there might be some quick, but substantial offerings in the HNL SC?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
HNL had a strong spread two weeks ago: In terms of hot food, I remember penne and chicken meatballs, spicy Thai chicken soup (yes, it still exists!), and chili. There was also a pretty extensive salad bar with the noodles and various proteins we're increasingly seeing, plus some localization (purple potatoes, sweet rolls, macadamia chocolates).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.