Wiki Posts
Search

EPA Regulation of Airline Emissions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2015, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
EPA Regulation of Airline Emissions

It looks like the EPA is getting ready to start regulating CO2 emissions by airlines, previously one of the few areas that they did not regulate heavily.

This could be especially bad news for Delta, since they have some of the oldest and least efficient planes in the US.

I have a feeling that this won't go through in the end, but I can already see a CO2 surcharge on paid and award tickets in the future.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...ine-emissions/
Old Jun 5, 2015, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by WWads
This could be especially bad news for Delta, since they have some of the oldest and least efficient planes in the US.
That's the rep. If one actually does a very little math one can see that in gallons of fuel per million available seat miles, DL is only very fractionally worse than UA and better than AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.