Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Does Amex Platinum provide SkyClub lounge access on arrival?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Amex Platinum provide SkyClub lounge access on arrival?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2015, 4:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
My ticket was issued by DL but for a VS flight. My boarding pass should say DL b/c I'll print it via DL link at check in time. Seems to me this should be eligible for SC entry w/ Amex Plat. On my return, I'll have a connection in ATL, so there will be a DL metal leg (in addition to the transatlantic DL on VS metal). I flew 4 AF metal legs issued via DL last year and always was admitted to SC. I'm not sure why this would be different. I'm actually quite stunned that a DL ticket/boarding pass with a VS metal flight would be cause for rejection.
How do you do OLCI through DL when your first and only flight is VS? You always check in with the airline that operates the first flight. For example, if you're starting in Europe with an AF or KLM flight, trying to check in on delta.dumb redirects you to the AF/KLM website.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by gooselee
Yeah, I can see why that can be confusing out of context. I was trying to make a case for the member flying from MCO-GLA. Sorry I wasn't clearer. I blame allergies.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How do you do OLCI through DL when your first and only flight is VS? You always check in with the airline that operates the first flight. For example, if you're starting in Europe with an AF or KLM flight, trying to check in on delta.dumb redirects you to the AF/KLM website.
You know what? I think I was wrong about this. The outbound flights had a first leg on DL, so they would've been checked in online at DL. And I did use lounge (w/ AF as second leg). My inbounds were on AF (though ticketed via DL). I don't recall how I checked in, so it's possible I checked in on AF site. However, I was able to use lounge in ATL on connection. I do not remember if I had to check in again then and was reissued boarding pass on second leg.

But gee whiz the pickiness of this plat perk makes it practically useless!
Old Sep 18, 2015, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
You know what? I think I was wrong about this. The outbound flights had a first leg on DL, so they would've been checked in online at DL. And I did use lounge (w/ AF as second leg). My inbounds were on AF (though ticketed via DL). I don't recall how I checked in, so it's possible I checked in on AF site. However, I was able to use lounge in ATL on connection. I do not remember if I had to check in again then and was reissued boarding pass on second leg.

But gee whiz the pickiness of this plat perk makes it practically useless!
It sometimes gets you lounge access. It's useful then, useless when it doesn't.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 6:52 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I decided to try this yesterday. I flew SAT-JFK-RDU and upon arrival at RDU, I presented my Amex Platinum card and JFK-RDU boarding pass to the agent at the RDU SC. The BP was scanned, my card swiped and I was welcomed into the Club.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by CMK10
I decided to try this yesterday. I flew SAT-JFK-RDU and upon arrival at RDU, I presented my Amex Platinum card and JFK-RDU boarding pass to the agent at the RDU SC. The BP was scanned, my card swiped and I was welcomed into the Club.
That's exactly how it has worked for me any number of times at LGA, MSP, BOS, SFO, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.