Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suntrust Delta Debit card T&C Changes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2015, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
All my 17k posted.
So who do I even begin talking too, SunTrust or Delta? Because I know one will say call the other and back and forth...
Old Jun 11, 2015, 8:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MIKETWA1
So who do I even begin talking too, SunTrust or Delta? Because I know one will say call the other and back and forth...
IMO, you should do nothing now. I suspect the calculation might be on your end (it's always been my own error when I thought points didn't post). Go to your online account and download your transactions. Delete any that aren't related to debits on the debit card. Add up and see where you are. I'd do May 5-June 4 (you can stipulate the exact dates). If you are still coming up short, really scrutinize your charges. Are they all point-worthy?

If you've tried everything and still see missing points, I'd wait until mid July (10-15th or so) to call in. No need to put eyes on your account until absolutely necessary. My guess is that your points will show up in your July statement. See here for more info: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...-after-1k.html
Old Jun 11, 2015, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
All my 17k posted.
I'm missing some miles, but IMO not enough to call and ruffle feathers (~1000 miles) over 2 months. Never had a discrepancy before, so maybe just a timing issue.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 9:25 pm

Moderator please delete
Old Jun 12, 2015, 6:49 am

IMO, you should do nothing now. I suspect the calculation might be on your end (it's always been my own error when I thought points didn't post). Go to your online account and download your transactions. Delete any that aren't related to debits on the debit card. Add up and see where you are. I'd do May 5-June 4 (you can stipulate the exact dates). If you are still coming up short, really scrutinize your charges. Are they all point-worthy?

If you've tried everything and still see missing points, I'd wait until mid July (10-15th or so) to call in. No need to put eyes on your account until absolutely necessary. My guess is that your points will show up in your July statement. See here for more info: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...-after-1k.html
Ok I did what you said I took my statement added everything up that was check card purchases and it was just over 7k. Like you said I will just wait and see what happens come July.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: Delta + United Airmiles
July 25th - no more miles for tax payments!

I just noticed in the letter I received (hope I'm the only one), that the new terms effective the 25th that TAX PAYMENTS NO LONGER QUALIFY for generating miles!?! A great, but brief, era over for sure.

I'm estimating huge taxes in tax year 2014 so I'm paying single 35k/day (limit) using debit card with $2.59 flat fee, vs credit card $654.50 (1.87%), via Pay1040.COM. Overpayment, if any, should be returned shortly after filing actual 2014 return, as a check from the US Treasury.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by uds0
I just noticed in the letter I received (hope I'm the only one), that the new terms effective the 25th that TAX PAYMENTS NO LONGER QUALIFY for generating miles!?! A great, but brief, era over for sure.

I'm estimating huge taxes in tax year 2014 so I'm paying single 35k/day (limit) using debit card with $2.59 flat fee, vs credit card $654.50 (1.87%), via Pay1040.COM. Overpayment, if any, should be returned shortly after filing actual 2014 return, as a check from the US Treasury.
Annoying, but at 4K miles per month max, the program loses most of its juice, anyway.

BTW, I received miles on July 17, in addition to the ones that I got earlier in the month. Anyone else?

Mike
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Just cancelled mine today when I spotted the $75 deduction. So now being issued with a new check card. (and $75 refund).

Also I cannot understand why when it was titled World Traveler (I think they later changed it) it seemed that every time I went abroad the security department suspended it for 'not within usual spending pattern'.

Oh well - the benefits of that card are now so decreased it is not worth it to me to hold onto.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by mikeef
Annoying, but at 4K miles per month max, the program loses most of its juice, anyway.

BTW, I received miles on July 17, in addition to the ones that I got earlier in the month. Anyone else?

Mike
I also received miles on July 17th in addition to the ones I got earlier this month.

There is an official ST thread here where you can see some of the latest discussions: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post25144352
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:01 am

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
Originally Posted by msnut1
Wow, I did not know that. I've been keeping the Balanced Banking account linked to the savings account, which requires $3,000 in funds.
Originally Posted by rnovak
You don't need a minimum balance account to keep the card. I dropped it down to the 'basic' account and run my expenses through there
I received the notice and am rather pissed at SunTrust. Due to the wording of the T&C and the FAQ that accompanies it, I should be able to downgrade my account to the Essentials (free) level and retain the card for the $95/af. I'm currently in Balanced Banking with the $12/mo maintenance fee. I even had the T&C and FAQ printed out with the relevant points highlighted. The branch manager of the downtown Nashville branch understood and called to clarify. Initially he was told by the CSR that what I was seeking was allowed, but then after he hung up with her, she literally called back to then deny it.

So, I plan to use the card through the rest of the year and cancel it in December before my annual fee posts in January. According to the T&C, I should receive half of my last annual fee ($75) refunded. Then I'm gonna drop my account to the most basic checking and probably will move my money elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.