Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

where is the best place to log a serious complaint?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

where is the best place to log a serious complaint?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Task Force DL
Well, I am intrigued but doubt anyone here would be shocked. Just post it and we can give you informed feedback (you'll also get some annoying feedback) on how best to move forward.

Your profile doesn't say much and you only have 12 posts, so most people here will automatically assume that you are a noob making a mountain out of an anthill.

Prove us wrong...

Welcome to FT, by the way!

TFD
But I have been on since Sep 2010, so I am not that noobie. Granted, I am generally just a lurker since I tend not to post unless I have a question or feel I can add value.

All I will say is that the incident involved a physical assault and I wasn't involved.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:22 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by WearyTravellerMSP
But I have been on since Sep 2010, so I am not that noobie. Granted, I am generally just a lurker since I tend not to post unless I have a question or feel I can add value.

All I will say is that the incident involved a physical assault and I wasn't involved.
Don't you want to hear how the DL apologists want to spin a physical assault? WVFFBVFF ?
Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
So a DL employee assaulted someone? On the clock and in uniform? Were the Police called? Photos?

I have seen airline employees physically and verbally abused, never the other way around. Rude, yes many times - never physical, unless protecting themselves.

I once heard a customer at a UA baggage claim (lost bag) yell at a agent and said he would kick his ask. The agent said I have a break in 20 mins and I will meet you in the parking lot, if you wish. The guy shut his mouth and slithered his way out and fast. The UA agent was about 300 pounds and fit. The PX was about 130 pounds and a whimp.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:41 pm

In this day and age with technology, I hope you recorded said assault..
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:38 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by orca15
Oh, come on, "internet nonsense" is fun!
Isn't that half of the fun of logging into this site every morning....???
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:13 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Just got off a flight where I witnessed the most egregious piece of customer service/treatment from a Delta staff I have ever witnessed. I have never made a complaint to delta and want to know what is the best way to complain where I know I will get a response. (I have platinum status if that matters)

I dont want to post the incident online because I dont want it to degenerate into internet nonsense. Needless to say, I think most people would be shocked at the incident.

Thanks
A third party account of an incident, without corroboration, will be ignored most likely. If i am reading between the lines correctly, the OP was not the aggrieved party. Very little to go on.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:33 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by BSBD
Post it up! Degenerate internet nonsense is why a lot of us are here!
Exactly....

But rather than facts, this thread will turn into mindless speculation....
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:38 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by jrl767
"Dear WearyTravellerMSP,

I am sorry to hear of your experience on < insert flight and/or date here >. We at Delta pride ourselves on our professionalism, and this was certainly not up to the level of either your or our expectations.

I am forwarding your complaint to the Delta.com leadeship team (Larry, Curly, and Moe) who will reach out to you if they require any additional information.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this incident. I am crediting your SkyMiles account with < some number of > miles. We appreciate your loyalty to Delta as a Platinum Medallion member and look forward to serving you again in a truly professional manner on your next flight.

Sincerely yours

A Nony Mouse
SkyMiles Customer Relations"
This version gets a lot of use.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:38 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Just got off a flight where I witnessed the most egregious piece of customer service/treatment from a Delta staff I have ever witnessed. I have never made a complaint to delta and want to know what is the best way to complain where I know I will get a response. (I have platinum status if that matters)

I dont want to post the incident online because I dont want it to degenerate into internet nonsense. Needless to say, I think most people would be shocked at the incident.
OP, good for you not to post the details. If you post the details here, half the people will blame you and that was not the point of your post. You posted a simple question and deserve a simple answer.

Go online and post your negative feedback. Note the date, flt number, seat numbers if appropriate, and anything else you feel is necessary. That said, you are in a sketchy area when you say there was an assault and you were not involved. Without knowing ALL the details, you may be reporting only half the story. Just sayin’…

As for requesting a response, you may get one but don’t be surprised if you don’t.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:41 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP
Yep, I was right. Definitely involved the snack basket
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:15 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc

Thanks
A dumpster behind Virginia Ave? Any Shredder worldwide? Throw it out the window?

What I am saying is like most others Delta gives two SH#%@ about your complaints. You will get a form letter, which I know actually goes through a filter that fills in the right blanks and auto send back.

You want Delta to take a complaint seriously? Record it, post it, get it trending. Once they are publicly embarrassed marketing is forced to respond. Especially if any media even local gets involved. Especially ATL media, when they get a chance they stick it to Delta hard. (Except AJC/WSB (Cox Media) they love DL probably an ad revenue stream thing or something)
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:25 am

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
I am sure if you explain how shocked, traumatized, and fearful of the same happening to you on your next DL flight that they will gladly give you some consoling miles.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If there was an assault and it was onboard, you can and should report it to law enforcement. That could be the FBI or local law enforcement at the origin or termination of the flight.

Customer service may be about follow up internally, but if you are reporting a crime to the carrier, that may be the wrong place to start.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by vincentharris
You want Delta to take a complaint seriously? Record it, post it, get it trending. Once they are publicly embarrassed marketing is forced to respond. Especially if any media even local gets involved. Especially ATL media, when they get a chance they stick it to Delta hard. (Except AJC/WSB (Cox Media) they love DL probably an ad revenue stream thing or something)
This is the absolute worst way to handle it. If the OP sends a complaint to Delta that is very concise, yet descriptive with with corroborating evidence, you bet Delta will take this seriously. I also would imagine that the person who was actually assaulted would either A) notify law enforcement and/or B) notify Delta, so they will be aware of the situation from possibly three different sources (one being the police).

If you noticed, the OP doesn't even want to post details here, so not sure why you think they'd go public. This option removes due process and puts Delta and the assaultee in a bad situation.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by jackplum
I am sure if you explain how shocked, traumatized, and fearful of the same happening to you on your next DL flight that they will gladly give you some consoling miles.
This isn't about miles or a refund because you didn't receive a service that you paid for. This is a crime and the OP would like to make Delta aware of what happened. I love how everything is about getting miles or "sticking" it to Delta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.