Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

There should be a bonus for being #1 with 0 available.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

There should be a bonus for being #1 with 0 available.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
That happened to me 7 times in 2014 as a GM and PM. I call that being "the bubble boy" (reference to poker tournaments where you are the last player to be eliminated before cash is awarded to the remaining players).
Old Apr 16, 2015, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
why should you get anything? You should get nothing. WFBF. I don't even think Delta should give the 500 miles for a middle seat.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
why should you get anything? You should get nothing. WFBF. I don't even think Delta should give the 500 miles for a middle seat.
Is your real name Elihu Smails?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLdBrx-ijwQ
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
DL dropped such bonuses with the NWA merger. NWA had a PE bonus of 1K if you were not UG'd.

Those days are gone.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 12:46 am

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Got a HOOS from the pax who got the last seat.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 6:15 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
It reflects weakness.
Oh geez, manly god. Grow up. It's just a humorous conversation.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 0.4MM
Originally Posted by SYRRDU
This is poor consolation prize. The ... ahem... entitled DMs that are not being upgraded are taking the overhead spaces of FC. Poor rollout, execution, and understanding of the PREM boarding has been disaster. FA's see people boarding early, assuming they are FC and not policing the overheads. I understand wanting overhead space, but what is wrong with the space directly above you?
I haven't seen this, but agree it is in poor taste.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 4:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
It is the worst. Because you go over in your head all the scenarios that could have happened: one person misconnects, one person SDCs, one person gets in a traffic jam etc. Plus it might make you hesitant to eat at the airport or whatever.

Happened to me last week on United in fact
Old Apr 18, 2015, 3:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by CMK10
It is the worst. Because you go over in your head all the scenarios that could have happened: one person misconnects, one person SDCs, one person gets in a traffic jam etc. Plus it might make you hesitant to eat at the airport or whatever.

Happened to me last week on United in fact
Does that really happen with you? Its only a flight. How about this scenario, 'Man, I wish I had bought that F seat at that great FCM price when I had the chance, Now, I have to do the walk of shame with the rest of the minions'.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 4:53 am

Programs: AADULtArer
The bonus is what Dad used to tell me when I came in second in the 1500...congratulations, you are the first loser!!
Old Apr 18, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
Oh geez, manly god. Grow up. It's just a humorous conversation.
^

It's amazing how much sour-grapes-turning-to-vinegar has been stimulated by a good-humored post that, I believe, was only intended to to prompt good-natured discussion.

And, from multiple sources, too.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
I'd like a prize for those of us who are #1 with zero seats left...and then the flight goes out with an empty seat in first. Happened to me twice this year.

Wrote DL both times and got about the same message back, referring me to the website to learn about how complimentary upgrades work. Both times I was in the first row of Y so would have been easy for the GA to bring me a new BP.

Both flights were also both very short so it didn't matter in the end, other than the poor/lazy flight management by the GA and the lack of execution of an advertised benefit for my loyalty.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 2:29 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Okay, let's face it. Nearly EVERY UG eligible flight goes out with SOMEBODY as #1 on the UG list that didn't make it. Multiply all of those flights by all of those miles, and, that would surely add up FAST!

So, my proposal - and I'M SURE that all DMs would agree - is, that they do this for Diamonds, right? Isn't it standard protocol for FlyerTalkers to only care about themselves?!?

Old Apr 18, 2015, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 0.4MM
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
^

It's amazing how much sour-grapes-turning-to-vinegar has been stimulated by a good-humored post that, I believe, was only intended to to prompt good-natured discussion.

And, from multiple sources, too.
I couldn't have said it better myself
Old Apr 19, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: DL, AS, UA, HH, MR, Nat. Car
I am surprised Delta does not send you an email saying you were the 1 for 0 and next time consider a FCM, their marketing department is that tactless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.