Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New passenger put between us

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Umm, Delta doesn't have any aircraft with 3-4-3 seating. Yet.
how dare you diss the Queen of the Skies (744)?
Old Apr 12, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP

David
Their 747-400's do
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Del..._747-400_C.php
Old Apr 12, 2015, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Facts that do not make any sense to DL flyers:

A330 A and C in Y cabin is not beside each other

DL does not have a W class

Subbing a 744 for the HNL ATL run make sense as a ferrying in and out the 744 serving HNL Japan routes but twice in such a short time and the luck of OP getting a double sub?
Old Apr 12, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL, Hyatt, National
They are running it through September from ATL-HNL and back and subbed it for an A333.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by mahohmei
I find it simply unacceptable that DL would separate two passengers in adjacent seats with the same confirmation number. I
So if two pax had chosen A and C because one has anxiety and must be able to see out the window, and the other has anxiety and must be on the aisle (yes, people choose both locations for those reasons) and DL switched aircraft and, using your logic, put them in A & B or B & C assuming they wanted to be together, they would them have 2 people screaming to give them an upgrade because OMG you took away their aisle or window and put them in the middle seat! So is DL supposed to be able to read pax minds and figure out who chose their seat for one reason and who chose for another reason?

As many have said, whoever is in that middle seat between you will be more than happy to trade with one of you.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 3:38 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Mrs. Andymo99 and I book aisle/window and don't offer to switch with the stranger in the middle! And if said stranger realizes we are together and offers a switch, we politely decline.

We love one another dearly... but not enough to sit in a middle seat!
Old Apr 12, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
Originally Posted by andymo99
Mrs. Andymo99 and I book aisle/window and don't offer to switch with the stranger in the middle! And if said stranger realizes we are together and offers a switch, we politely decline.

We love one another dearly... but not enough to sit in a middle seat!
Agreed!
Old Apr 12, 2015, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Tibs
They are running it through September from ATL-HNL and back and subbed it for an A333.
So the 744 are coming out of retirement!
Old Apr 12, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: AS, DL, AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by tentseller
Subbing a 744 for the HNL ATL run make sense as a ferrying in and out the 744 serving HNL Japan routes but twice in such a short time and the luck of OP getting a double sub?
Originally Posted by Tibs
To clarify this, it's not a sub at all - it's a schedule change to the 744 for the entire summer season. The term "sub" suggests a one-off or sporadic substitute for the regularly scheduled aircraft, but in this case, it's just switching to a daily 744. The schedules currently have the route reverting to 333 equipment 08SEP15.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 6:55 pm

So the 744 are coming out of retirement!
Not all retired. Some just wintered in the desert and come out to play for high travel season.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Navig8R
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
how dare you diss the Queen of the Skies (744)?
Oops. I forgot all about the (soon to be abdicated from her throne at Delta) QotS.

Thank you,

Daivd
Old Apr 12, 2015, 7:01 pm

Oops. I forgot all about the (soon to be abdicated from her throne at Delta) QotS.

Thank you,

Daivd
No worries! I had to think about it for a bit, since, as you stated, the 747's are on their last leg.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 8:16 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
DL does not have a W class
Yes, but quite a few people confuse Y+ and W.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by ncwillett
So if two pax had chosen A and C because one has anxiety and must be able to see out the window, and the other has anxiety and must be on the aisle (yes, people choose both locations for those reasons)
I swear I think I have mild cases of both of those. I like to get up often and that's only realistic I the aisle, but I also like to see out the window when we land, otherwise I may get airsick. I want an option for an aisle with a guarantee the window passenger will leave the window open for the final descent. I'd pay extra for that.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Quote:

Originally Posted by mahohmei

DL has changed these planes to 3-4-3, and put a surprise passenger between us in the previously-nonexistent seat B. From HNL to ATL, I was able to change our seats to B and C from HNL to ATL, so we're seated together on that flight.

David
Everyone make a sacrificial offering of a Woodford that this never happens aside from the 744.

But it will.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.