Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Question: ATL F Concourse Taxi Into City

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: ATL F Concourse Taxi Into City

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by mudpuppy
If you want to see an utter failure of public transportation, visit Detroit. MARTA is a shining jewel compared to what Detroit offers.
Try public transportation in Florida. Miami is bad, Orlando is worse, and Tampa is just a sliver shy of non-existent. To get from TPA to downtown (7.5 miles - 15-20 minutes by car) is a 51 minute ride on a bus that makes 39 stops.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by houserulz77
Try public transportation in Florida. Miami is bad, Orlando is worse, and Tampa is just a sliver shy of non-existent. To get from TPA to downtown (7.5 miles - 15-20 minutes by car) is a 51 minute ride on a bus that makes 39 stops.

Thats living on the wild side..
Old Mar 27, 2015, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by cre95
Except that Marta does not make it to the international terminal
There or the other 99% of places I need to go in ATL.

I'm in the INC Prestige Lounge sitting next to a lovely expat couple who fly back to ATL frequently to see their grandchildren They often take a cab from F and swear cabs are there. I'll see when I land, although I have already arranged for a car to pick me up. After ~24 hours of flying, surety and convenience are winning out over cost.

I'll update what I see after I get home.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Someday, Atlanta might actually get public transportation. Until then, anyone with options will choose something other than MARTA, with the exception of those very few who are going from the airport to a destination directly on the Red or Orange Lines. Public transportation is my choice in NYC, Philly, Chicago, Boston, Washington, Montreal, Amsterdam, Paris, Prague, Bangkok, Hong Kong and several other cities. If only our city/state leaders would visit one of those places and see how public transportation is supposed to work we might have a chance. Instead, we get the absolute, complete, unqualified failure the is MARTA, coupled with the new streetcar to nowhere. (It's as though city leaders thought The Simpson's monorail episode was a cast study to be followed.)
Google the candidates for whom you voted in the last election: statewide races + U.S. Congress and U.S. Senate. Check their positions on public transit. Review their votes on budget bills. Think about you want to pay for $10-20B in capital expenditures.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:29 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Cabs are at F BTW.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by zsmith2
Cabs are at F BTW.
Thanks. I've now seen them with my own eyes. I'll know for next time.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 8:16 am

Programs: WN A+, DL nobody, HH Dia, National EE
Originally Posted by houserulz77
^ I live in orlando and I've taken the bus once in 13 years. It's bloody horrible. Miami is meh, the metro is about 10 mins from my moms house and it runs to the airport so for me its perferct!
Old Apr 5, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: DL PM, GE
Originally Posted by zsmith2
Cabs are at F BTW.
Definately Taxis at terminal F. I take them monthly to Forest Park. A driver told me he had to wait more than two hours to get in front of the doors, so i assume there is a taxi lot just outside the terminal similar to the domestic waiting area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.